Request (or how to?) - Subtitle offset as default.
Anyone know if this is possible?

I watch almost everything with subtitles, including English films and TV.
Problem is I prefer the subtitle to come up maybe .5 seconds after the line is delivered. Otherwise I find myself reading them out of habit, rather than only when I missed a word I couldn't hear.
(Reading them all the time ruins the punchlines to a lot of jokes)

Is it possible to set ALL my subtitles at all times to always be .5 seconds behind?
When watching a movie or show, go to the Audio Settings, set the Subtitle Delay, and go to the bottom of the screen and you should see an option to make that the default for all files / videos / whatever. Select that, then exit. You should be good going forward. Test it out by exiting the file and opening it back up or going to the next on your list.
At this point I am actually convinced there is a bug with subtitle delays in XBMC 13.2 - I can set from 1.5 to 6.5 seconds and STILL my subtitles come up slightly before dialogue. How does one MAKE the subtitle delay actually kick in? I've tried turning them off, then on. No dice?
There are several different types of subtitles that XBMC/Kodi handles, so without more information or a debug log, there's no way to know what the issue might be for you. I've never had an issue with subtitle sync with all the TV shows I watch, and the vast majority of what I watch has subtitles.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request (or how to?) - Subtitle offset as default.0