RPi w/ Raspbmc and Ceton/Haup Tuner w/ WMC
Hello all, first post here. I've got a problem getting my Raspberry Pi to stream live TV (and play recorded tv) from my Windows 7 PC with a Hauppauge tuner and a Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner.

I installed Raspbmc on the RPi per TUUKKA's post (Link) with the Raspbmc installer (Link). Then I downloaded 1175 ServerWMC from (Link) and installed. Then I downloaded from that same page the add-on version 2.99 for raspberry pi and picked Gotham (13) since that's what version Raspbmc said I had (13). Enabled the TV thing in the Amber skin too so I have Live TV access in the menus.Set up the software on both ends correctly I believe as well.

The guide loads fine from my Win7 PC and all looks good, I can see the guide and all. Click a channel to watch and after a bit of loading, I get audio but no video. On live TV and when I try and watch a recorded TV show.

Realized I needed the keys so I bought both the MPEG-2 and VC-1 keys. Entered the keys via the Raspbmc interface and rebooted (said config changed). Still the same problem, audio only, no video. On the Win7 PC in the backend software I can see it saying my Rpi is using a tuner too.

Any ideas what I'm missing? One thing I will say... directions I read said to input my license key in Rasbmc as $$$$$$$$ and not 0x$$$$$$$$, so I've entered them in without the 0x. Is this correct? Or should I be putting in the 0x as well? Perhaps it's a DRM issue? I could see that being the case with my Ceton perhaps, but the regular Hauppauge

Thanks!
Mike
You need to put in the 0x as well
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give this a shot, hopefully it works!
It works! Interestingly... I popped the SD card into the PC and modified the txt file with my key. Placed it back into the RPi, booted, still no work. Then I looked in settings and it showed the VC-1 key as my key but then a run-on with what should have been the next line in the txt file. Took it back out, modified txt file in different editor so that keys were on their own lines, saved. Booted the RPi back up and viola, live TV works! Checked the settings page again and it must be a glitch or something cause the VC-1 key still shows a run-on with the next line... but hey, it works! Thanks!
You need to edit files with Notepad++ in Windows to keep lLinux line endings or else you'll run into that sort of problem
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi w/ Raspbmc and Ceton/Haup Tuner w/ WMC0