Bug Library Update not working in Kodi Final release on FTPS source
I'm having the same issues using nfs, both in windows 8, android and firetv os
Because sftp isn't working, I've fallen back to using ftp, but using a local IP address and VPN. However, I'm now noticing that the library scanner is also having problems on ftp sources.

It does find all the TV show folders, but for some folders it will not find the files in it.

I'll get a debug log showing the issue and then update this thread.

Remco
So what i've done is I went to video then files and then a source that has some not fully scanned folders in it. I select a folder that wasn't scanned and select scan for new content. This does not do anything. Then I go into the folder and select a file to get the information (this is my default select action on a file) It then does get the information.

Here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/3w86Suse

I actually think this is the relevant lines in it:
19:25:32 T:18446744072303921664 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
19:25:32 T:18446744072303921664 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
19:25:32 T:18446744072303921664 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted
19:25:32 T:18446744072303921664 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0xdf616778) ftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:21/D...%20Poirot/
19:25:32 T:18446744072303921664 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0xdf616a00) ftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:21/D...%20Poirot/

Apparently, this first time around it didn't lookup the files, and now it doesn't do anything anymore, because the contents didn't change. Shouldn't it keep trying to find info on files that weren't scraped?

Remco
Somehow it's comforting to know I'm not the only one with this problem.
Without finding this thread earlier, I previously opened a new one + a bug report. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213364

Unless this is something utterly different, I hope it will help in something.
Still not a useful reply to this. I have multiple devices deployed that use SFTP to connect to a central server over the internet and not all of those devices support VPN (AppleTV's for example). I can't upgrade those devices to Kodi like this, they are still stuck on XBMC Gotham.

Did anyone even take a look at this? I can setup a test server if needed with some files.

Remco
I'm having the exact same problem, I'm using FTPS as source (a filezilla server) and when i try to update library, the server log says that kodi tried to find a .nomedia file, and when it can't find the .nomedia file it simply stops scanning altogether. Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks
try excluding it from scan via advancedsttings.xml

Code:
2.3.10 excludefromscan
Matches filenames or folders which should be excluded from a library scan (except tvshows) using a list of Regular Expressions. This can be for both Video or Audio sections of advancedsettings.xml.

Defaults:
<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/].nomedia[-._ \\/]</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>

or something like that
(2014-12-24, 08:09)Ned Scott Wrote: It's a known bug with multipath sources. Until it's added in v14.1, you can use a nightly build (wiki), as those nightlies are almost identical to v14, but include the fix.

Can you link to the bug? I can find it and i'm having this issue with 14.0 mutli-path sources not being added to the library (Kodi only scans the first path in the multi-path source)
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
If I can find the link. I might have been mistaken about what I read, as well. One month ago seems like forever.
bump
I'm also having the same issues with tv shows not scraping. in Kodi (all versions including nightlies) it skips updating tv shows completely from my local usb drive. yet if i copy openelec 4.2.1 tar file into my rasp pi update folder it then works fine.

strangely tho because the initial scrape in kodi works, when i update to kodi my films and tv shows have different art and posters. This leads to me believe Kodi stores all artwork in a different place on my rasp pi's internal memory card to openelec.

Either way whilst it works as it currently does I've resigned myself to using 4.2.1
(2015-02-19, 16:56)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: I'm also having the same issues with tv shows not scraping. in Kodi (all versions including nightlies) it skips updating tv shows completely from my local usb drive. yet if i copy openelec 4.2.1 tar file into my rasp pi update folder it then works fine.

strangely tho because the initial scrape in kodi works, when i update to kodi my films and tv shows have different art and posters. This leads to me believe Kodi stores all artwork in a different place on my rasp pi's internal memory card to openelec.

Either way whilst it works as it currently does I've resigned myself to using 4.2.1

What file system are you using on the usb drive? It's been found that exFAT for example does not update the modified date on subfolders, see this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215316&page=7

If it is this issue you are having it should be fixed in 14.2 with the new advanced setting.
It's not an ftps issue.
It's happening to me too with a Windows SMB share on both a Windows box and a Raspberry Pi 2
(2015-02-22, 09:45)nila Wrote: It's not an ftps issue.
It's happening to me too with a Windows SMB share on both a Windows box and a Raspberry Pi 2

Did you check the Debug Log? It's also saying it encountered the .nomedia file?

Remco
Same problem here. If I use FTP, everything works just fine. If I switch my source to FTPS, it acts as if there was a .nomedia file in every subdirectory of the source (and there is none of course). Which makes using FTPS pretty useless at the moment. Have been trying to play with the FTP server configuration, but without any success, regardless of what error the ftp server sends in response to the SIZE .nomedia command, Kodi acts like if it has been found.

The only thing that helped me was to remove the .nomedia check in the source code (in video/VideoInfoScanner.cpp) as I don't really need it and recompile, but obviously this is not a good solution at all...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Update not working in Kodi Final release on FTPS source0