Output to airplay
Hello world,

I have no idea why the output to airplay is at a so low volume. I checked the output vol which is at its max.
Any idea ?
Thank you for your help.

Jeff
XBMC > System > Settings > Services > Airplay > - Allow volume control - enable

to get: - Allow Volume control to appear - Settings Level (bottom left) has to be set to Advanced or greater.

Smile

Is he even talking about XBMC/Kodi?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,
Thank you wrxtasy.

But still doesn't work.
...or doesn't work properly :
Kodi is at it's loudest... and the sound played from my amplifyer, via my Air play interface is ridiculously low !

Works perfectly with ITune (of course...)

any idea Huh
(2014-12-08, 16:15)Memphiz Wrote: Is he even talking about XBMC/Kodi?
I'm even unsure now.

@ humodelavega
Confirming the Square Airplay Symbol on your iOS device has XBMC or Kodi next to it ?

Otherwise you are outputting directly from iOS to your compatible Airplay Amplifier and this will have nothing to do with XBMC / Kodi.
Turn your Amplifier volume up. NOT the Volume in XBMC.

Hum, sorry, I guess I didn't expressed myself well

To make it clearer, I use XBMC soft on my Mac OS X laptop.

I would like to output from my Mac to my HiFi Amplifier via the AirPort Express.

So far, the volume outputted on my HiFi Amp is very low.

(I thought XBMC and Kodi was the same)

Is it clearer (or just more right...)

Thanks for your help anyway.
That means you are selecting the airplay device in XBMC/Kodi audio settings as audio device right?

If so - this is totally out of scope. We rely on osx features here which presents your airport express as a "normal" audio device. Hence the volume control of this is also controlled by osx. You need to use your volume up / down buttons on the macbook to set the volume for this device (100% Volume in XBMC/Kodi only goes up to what is set as volume by osx).

So basically the solution might be to just cmd+tab out of XBMC/Kodi - move the volumeslider left of the clock to the max - then cmd tab back to XBMC/Kodi and from then on use the XBMC/Kodi internal volume (key +, -) to lower the volume to your needs.

I hope its understandable.

As a side note - the internal XBMC/Kodi Airplay settings have nothing to do with this - they are only ment for configuring the behavior when XBMC/Kodi receives airplay content...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi Memphiz,

is it possible to replicate what OS X seems to do natively (presents airport express as a "normal" audio device) in other linux-based operating systems such as QTS ?

I'm using a NAS from QNAP which runs Kodi under QTS and I would like to define my wifi audio receiver as the output device. The receiver support both Airplay and DLNA.

Unfortunately Kodi does not detect it although it works in Kodi for Mac thanks to the OSX features.

Thanks.
The only other system i know off which sort off supports this is the pulse audio server on linux. I doubt this is available on QTS - it does something similar like osx. I doubt you can make your setup work if you want to make use of your wifi audio receiver. All in all its not a setup to even propose. Its very niche.

The philosophy is

1. If you want Kodi to show on a TV - wire it up.
2. If you want fast network inside Kodi - wire it up.
3. If you want good audio quality - wire it up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Output to airplay0