uPnP content into library
Question 
Hi,

I have two xbmc devices, one of them as media server and player, and the other only as player (raspberry pi). Both of them with xbmc 13.2
I have enabled uPnP content in server, and search for this folder in the rasp.
All content appears without any problem, with all the info and images (and view status).

Full uPnP content is under "VIDEOS" -> files and I want to know if it is possible to select this sources and add to "movies" or "tv shows" home screen.

In server side it appears correctly under these "tabs"

I don't want to scrap this source with new info, only that it appears into each section...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
(2014-12-09, 13:50)togarha Wrote: Hi,

I have two xbmc devices, one of them as media server and player, and the other only as player (raspberry pi). Both of them with xbmc 13.2
I have enabled uPnP content in server, and search for this folder in the rasp.
All content appears without any problem, with all the info and images (and view status).

Full uPnP content is under "VIDEOS" -> files and I want to know if it is possible to select this sources and add to "movies" or "tv shows" home screen.

In server side it appears correctly under these "tabs"

I don't want to scrap this source with new info, only that it appears into each section...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

I wish.

That is something that I have been having a hard time wrapping my head around. With the current prevalence of UPnP and DLNA XBMC developers still seem to ignore development of UPnP integration into the Kodi. It is treated as an enitrely separate animal. I am guessing that the nature of UPnP/DLNA makes it hard to code its integration into Kodi and the resources are better put into other features that are easier to work with. Kodi is still the best UPnP/DLNA client I have ever used and with the right server and skin it works very, very well.
(2014-12-09, 17:51)smitbret Wrote: I wish.

That is something that I have been having a hard time wrapping my head around. With the current prevalence of UPnP and DLNA XBMC developers still seem to ignore development of UPnP integration into the Kodi. It is treated as an enitrely separate animal. I am guessing that the nature of UPnP/DLNA makes it hard to code its integration into Kodi and the resources are better put into other features that are easier to work with. Kodi is still the best UPnP/DLNA client I have ever used and with the right server and skin it works very, very well.

Not ignoring. Quite the opposite, actually. Our man Montellese is working on some really kick ass stuff that will allow a UPnP server, such as another XBMC/Kodi box, to import itself into the library tabs just like a "real" local library.

Until that's ready, the current work-around is to use a skin that allows for custom home buttons. The easiest way seems to be to select the specific video nodes you want to use, like the movie "by title" node, and save it as a favorite. Then in various skins like Amber or Aeon Nox, you can set that Favorite as a home screen button that says "Movies".
(2014-12-10, 04:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Not ignoring. Quite the opposite, actually. Our man Montellese is working on some really kick ass stuff that will allow a UPnP server, such as another XBMC/Kodi box, to import itself into the library tabs just like a "real" local library.

Until that's ready, the current work-around is to use a skin that allows for custom home buttons. The easiest way seems to be to select the specific video nodes you want to use, like the movie "by title" node, and save it as a favorite. Then in various skins like Amber or Aeon Nox, you can set that Favorite as a home screen button that says "Movies".

Perfect, I hope this feature is working soon. Until then, I will use this trick

Thanks
Working perfect!

I will try it for a while and may be change to mysql database to have "real" "local" library o wait for the new implementation

Thanks
(2014-12-10, 04:08)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 17:51)smitbret Wrote: I wish.

Not ignoring. Quite the opposite, actually. Our man Montellese is working on some really kick ass stuff that will allow a UPnP server, such as another XBMC/Kodi box, to import itself into the library tabs just like a "real" local library.

Any updates regarding this?
If you want news, go to the kodi web page. It is a blog with regular news. Lo and behold there is news about this in the latest entry, including a YouTube nvidia http://kodi.tv/kodi-community-may-2015/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Test builds here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPnP content into library0