Win Gotham crashes when Intel NUC goes standby
Hi!

What information you needed to solve when XBMC puts windows 8.1 standby then after that XBMC crashes and cannot start anymore. I have to reboot whole system to get XBMC working again...
Resuming from low power states is a huge minefield in Windows, always has been. I had several issues on my NUC too including Kodi crashing and Kodi coming back windowed on resume. After hacking around it with some dirty scripts which attempted to fix these problems, I found it far more elegant and painless to simply have the NUC shut down instead of standby.

Not sure how you're triggering sleep/hibernate, but in my case it was from a Media Center remote which only has a sleep button. This awesome fix from somethere, I forget where, solved that (do all this from an elevated command prompt):

Quote:powercfg -getactivescheme
Now you have the guid of the scheme being used.
powercfg -q <currentguid>
Look for the subgroupguid for "Power buttons and lid"
powercfg -q <currentguid> <subgroupguid>
Look for the "Sleep button action" - now you have the guid of the setting
powercfg -setacvalueindex <currentguid> <subgroupguid> <SleepButotonGUID> 3

So in my case using the 'Balanced' power plan in Win8.1, the final command I run is:

Quote:powercfg -setacvalueindex 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e 4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347 96996bc0-ad50-47ec-923b-6f41874dd9eb 3

The 'Sleep' button on the MCE remote now shuts the NUC down and of course turns it back on. Seeing as boot from cold takes only seconds, there was no real drawback from using actual sleep - most of the time Kodi is open again before my AVR and TV have fully turned on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham crashes when Intel NUC goes standby0