Win Stream
Dear all,

I'm not that new to XBMC, running the Gotham Release for quite some time on my living room pc. As I use the system for music as well, I wonder if it is possible to stream music through the local network.
Preferred way wouldbe:

Running Gotham on the living room pc and listen to music
Streaming the music into the local network as well, so I would be able to listen to the stream in my working room as well
Using my Android phone as a remote control

So my question is - is that possible and if, some has a guide or solution to that ?

Please do not blame me if I have missed a possible solution in the forum, I searched a lot for streaming, but just found ideas to access an online stream.

Greetings

wir97biu
Yes it is possible to stream music through local network. Yes you can use your android phone as a remote.

However a little more info on your setup is required to determine a solution.
OS of host and client?
Hardware in host room and client room, i.e. av equipment, PC's, speakers, amps?
Network setup, i.e. wifi, Ethernet, power line adapters, etc?
How the speakers, clients are connected to av equipment/network?

Basically as much info as you can
yes it is....

Needed things:

- Logitech Media Server
- Squeezebox XBMC Plugin on every client: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=122199
- a bit of time to fiddle around Wink

With this you are also able to play your music in sync on any client.

You could also share your XBMC database with other XBMC clients. So that one client has access to another ones database and choose the music from there. You can also attach a little network HDD on your network and put the music files there, set it as a source and stream to any client from there....there are plenty of solutions for this.

All can be controlled by your smartphone. Depending on which system you are (Android or IOS). For Android Yatse would be my first choice. For IOS it is the official XBMC remote app. For the use with LMS and XSqueeze there are many LMS-Apps for both systems.

Greetings
Dear k4sh1n,

both systems run on Win7 Pro, host is an zotac Media PC, client an Lenovo Notebook. In host room I have connected the PC via optical fibre to stereo, in working room I will just use Notebook speakers.

Network is a wireless network, both pc's are in one network and can "see" each other, I could also use Powerline.

Does this help ?

(2014-12-16, 10:19)k4sh1n Wrote: Yes it is possible to stream music through local network. Yes you can use your android phone as a remote.

However a little more info on your setup is required to determine a solution.
OS of host and client?
Hardware in host room and client room, i.e. av equipment, PC's, speakers, amps?
Network setup, i.e. wifi, Ethernet, power line adapters, etc?
How the speakers, clients are connected to av equipment/network?

Basically as much info as you can
Setup music shares on host
SMB sources to client/or setup a shared SQL database

Depending on which way you go, if its just for playing music, SMB'ing the music source to client (notebook) would be quickest and easiest option
Install Yatse as per "David1977 " suggestion and config for client (notebook)

You really don't need additional hardware or software apart from Yatse
Dear all, sorry for keeping you wait that long, but Christmas was very busy.

Unfortunately I just had time to try it, but I'm stuck somewhere.

Installing Squeezebox went fine but I'm still having issues with playback. Meaning I got a stream to run local on the host via vlc, but the same stream won't play on client (stream found and opened but no sound).
Anyway also with XBMC I did not get any further - can acces the URL (remote) but still do not get it where to hook up to the stream? And also where do I order the host to play the stream to th e network. From my understanding a shared database just gives every client acces tthe files, which ia working fine, but not my goal.
I would like to press play on the host and hook up to the stream in every room via a client. Maybe I cave given my idea wrong or I'm just to stupid yet - a little heads up on "SMB'ing" source to client might do.

Thanks in advance!
No one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream0