Android Audio pass throu
Hello,

maybe in the wrong place to ask this, but you never know.

I am considering buying an M8 android box to use as a front end to my music collection (on a hard drive)

I want to pass the audio through to the spdif connection on my Marantz pm6005 via the android box

My question is, what happens to the file before it reaches the amp? Will it be passed through raw (ie untouched)?

Hope this makes sense
Yes it is untouched. That is what passthrough means. Its passthroughed through the M8 to the device which does the encoding (the amp).

But be aware that DTS HD or any HD Audio format isnt possible with S/PDIF. If you want to get HD sound, you have to use HDMI.
It seems so I have a problem I can not solve on my own... I bought two Orbsmart S84 media player running Android 6.0 with the latest patch installed and I also use Kodi 17.1 on the machine. With the old media player I had no problems with the Audio pass through. Each of the Android media players uses a direct HDMI connection to the AV receiver and both AV receivers can decode Dolby Digital and AC3 audio files - they do that perfectly fine if a Bluray is played.
So I configured my Kodi 17.1 to allow audio pass through and selected that the AV receiver is capable of decoding Dolby Digital and AC3, but not AC3 HD or Dolby Digital HD. The end result is that I have absolutely no sound at all. As soon as I set KODI to use the Android Decoding on the box I have sound. The Kodi box is configured so that it knows the receiver has 5.1 speakers.

Maybe I need to connect the optical connection as well so that the sound bitstream can travel from the Android box to the AV receiver even I was thinking that HDMI should have every possible connection needed.

Does anyone have a tip what is wrong with my settings? It worked with the old Android box (without optical cable) but the old box was only capable of running KODI 16.1 and therefore there was no option for AC3 HD or Dolby Digital HD.

Thank you for your help or clues what to check...
Thor

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio pass throu0