Deinterlacing settings and 24fps content
Basic info: I have a celeron based Asus Chromebox running the latest OpenElec/Kodi RC. I am using MCDI as my deinterlace method with deinterlace set to 'auto'. I've been slowly progressing toward my ultimate goal of replacing my antiquated Comcast DVR with this setup, but continue to run into issues that prevent me from being able to do so.

For some time, I've experienced an issue where video would inexplicably become choppy, sometimes even causing a crash/reboot. I found it odd because I am using a wired gigabit connection which should provide more than enough bandwidth. Last night, I had debugging turned on and noticed that any time the video became choppy, the frame rate of the content being shows was 24fps. With deinterlacing set to 'auto', I would typically see the frame rate double (30 to 60 for instance) when interlaced content was being processed. However, when the broadcast switched to 24fps content, the frame rate started jumping all over the place - anywhere from about 6 fps up to 48 fps (I would expect 48). If I turn off deinterlacing, video plays normally at the rate it's being broadcast (24,30,60).

I spent some time trying to get a useful debug log, but unfortunately I was not able to find any 24 fps content being broadcast at the moment. So I thought I would see if anyone is familiar enough with this issue to recognize what may be my trouble even though I have not yet been able to produce a log. I will continue to try and do so, and will update this post once I get one. In the meantime, if anyone knows what I may be dealing with assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Found some content, generated logfile.

I believe the following is true of the log:

Line 316 I tuned to a channel with 24 fps content (deinterlace: off)
Line 602 Set deinterlace to 'auto' (MCDI)
Line 799 Set deinterlace to 'off'

http://pastebin.com/6eg5Q6Ef
A lot of broadcast, especially in Greate Britain send a mixture between progressive and interlaced. So every some frame is marked interlaced. This was already discussed here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1856747
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deinterlacing settings and 24fps content0