Req PNG, GIF, jpeg support for folder thumbnails
I'm experimenting with Kodi as a music player on Android for streaming music off my NAS. I love Kodi so far because I haven't been able to find another player that lets my bookmark at the folder level over SMB and preserves the folder structure underneath. The only thing that really is holding me back is that the screen cannot be turned off during music playback on Android, but I believe that's been requested elsewhere.

My only other request has to do with thumbnails while browsing folders. "folder.jpg" appears to be supported, but "folder.jpeg", "folder.png", and "folder.gif" do not.

Would love to see these formats included. Thanks so much.
every new file one has to look for slows things down. better you rename your stuff than everbody suffering a slowdown.
a little google-fu will show you that you can rename all jpeg's to jpg with little to no work via cmd.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Yep--I acknowledge that I can convert the graphics (or just change the extensions in the case of jpegs) and that every extension searched for carries a time cost. What I can't say one way or the other is whether the time impact of adding those extensions would be material or not.

Just saying that as a new user, it was confusing to me why some thumbnails weren't showing up and took time to figure out.
sadly it's nontrivial on weak hw. it did something akin to this earlier and it was removed as it was noticable.
Got it. Maybe something to revisit in the future when the minimum configuration can handle it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PNG, GIF, jpeg support for folder thumbnails0