executing python script from dvd remote ?
Hi,

I am trying to execute a python script from the dvd remote by adding a <TAG> in keymap.xml as follows :-

<remote>
<zero>xbmc.executescript('q:\\scripts\\shutdowntimer.py')</zero>

however, when I press '0' on the DVD remote nothing happen, is there anything wrong with the <TAG> or this cannot be done ?

Thanks!
No need for the ' or the \\

Try:

<remote>
<zero>xbmc.executescript(q:\scripts\shutdowntimer.py)</zero>
</remote>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks , but that din work either .. I tried to make the change as suggested but still nothing happen when I press 'Zero' on the dvd remote.
Post your modified keymap.xml on pastebin.com or using the "paste your log here" function of this forum.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

XML uploaded using the "paste your log here" function , let me know if u cant view it. Thanks again!
Dun think i have successfully uploaded the file in my earlier post, here u go ...

http://xbmc.xbox-scene.com/paste/files/F...Keymap.xml
1. is the script in the root folder or a subfolder and is it spelled correctly?
2. Try XBMC.RunScript()
Thanks Nuka1195 !

I managed to execute the script using your method (XBMC.RunScript()), however, the script just hangs the XBOX immediately after it lauches, should I move the script from q:\scripts\ to somewhere else ?
Shouldn't matter. Does the script work when launching it from the scripts window?
Yes it does execute without problem from the scripts window . i will try to execute some other script and see if it works later when I am back home ..
if it is a script that requires other resources to be in the same directory with the .py file then moving the .py could cause such issues.
I'm having the same problem and can't find what I'm doing wrong....

this is my keymap.xml

<global>
<universalremote>
<obc43>playlist</obc43>
<obc49>queue</obc49>
<obc54>XBMC.RunScript(Q:\scripts\XBMClyrics\default.py)</obc54>
</universalremote>

I can see the remote code of 54 on the screen so I know that's working...

I also have a log if needed...

Any help?
there's a space "defaul t.py"
I double checked my Keymap.xml file and there is no space...When I copy and past into the message, no space, but when I preview the post I get the space. I'm going to start with a fresh Keymap from CVS and redo the <universalremote> part to see what will happen.

Thanks

<universalremote>
<obc43>playlist</obc43>
<obc49>queue</obc49>
<obc54>XBMC.RunScript(Q:\scripts\XBMClyrics\default.py)</obc54>
</universalremote>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
executing python script from dvd remote ?0