Please help! KODI opens then closes! :(
Ok, so Im sort of noob at this but here goes. I have an apple tv2 and i have installed KODI v.14 Helix using "putty".

Now this seems to have worked fine. When i turn on the apple tv2 box the KODI app is there, but when i click it, it loads then the screen, goes black and goes back to the apple menu. Also when i load KODI it says unable to connect to host. (well if it stays on the KODI screen long enough)

As i say im new to this so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Did you have xbmc installed before or is this a fresh kodi installation. Also which instructions did you follow exactly?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi thanks for the quick reply. I did have xbmx v13.2 gotham installed but i uninstalled it once i got KODI. the instructions i followed was from this site itself:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Apple_TV_2.

If there is anything else i can tell you to help me please let me know. Thanks again
post debug log (wiki) - without it nobody can help you.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Im trying to get a "debug log" but KODI crashes before i can. I looked at your link that says i can manually do this, is there a way you can tell me how that i can understand? If i cant access KODI how do i get a debug log? Srry im not being much of a help to anyone here atm.
Ok, after hours of trying i now know i need to access my userdata folder to get this debug log. I have entered /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/kodi/userdata/ into "putty" but get the message "No such file or directory"

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Or if Im even on the right track to manually get a debug log?
You should find the log file in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ directory, so you're looking just a bit too deep into the directory structure. Have a look at the following Wiki page if you need more tips...

http://kodi.wiki/view/How-to:find_and_po...og_for_iOS

NB the Wiki page still refers to xbmc.log and xbmc.old.log rather than kodi.log and kodi.old.log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help! KODI opens then closes! :(0