Solved Strange "red square" appears on HDMI display (OpeneELEC 5.0.0)
Well that kills my joke about "red square" and the Russians hacking into your RPi Wink

(2015-01-03, 05:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Well that kills my joke about "red square" and the Russians hacking into your RPi Wink

It's never too late for a good joke comrade.

Спасибо (Spasibo).
(2015-01-03, 05:36)wrxtasy Wrote: Confirming the bloody annoying and resource hungry RSS feed is also disabled by default on Helix releases for the RPi ?

Only in my OpenELEC test builds, not official. Not sure about other distros.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
threads merged.
discussion was getting a bit too offtopic for the weather addon. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
BTW, mounting the Pi on it's side tends to reduce temperature by about 5'C.
If the case has little ventilation then additional holes may help.
(2015-01-03, 15:52)popcornmix Wrote: BTW, mounting the Pi on it's side tends to reduce temperature by about 5'C.
If the case has little ventilation then additional holes may help.

My case does have ventilation holes on the bottom... I will give it a try.

Thanks.
FYI, I ran bcmstat.sh for a few of my common applications (the Pi case is not yet turned on it's side).

The following are (the average) of logged bcmstat results for each application (running for abount 30 mins):

ARM Mhz - Core Mhz - Temp C - TMax C - Application

1097.99 -- 548.50 --- 81.88 --- 82.46 --- Yahoo Weather!
1099.88 -- 549.96 --- 62.38 --- 66.71 --- PleXBMC Stream (TV Show 720p)
1099.85 -- 549.96 --- 65.31 --- 65.91 --- Internet Stream (Movie 720p)
1099.88 -- 549.97 --- 62.50 --- 63.41 --- ENET/SMB Stream (Movie 720p)
1099.87 -- 549.95 --- 55.90 --- 56.50 --- Home Screen (Weather Display On)
If you enable dirty algorithm visualisation by adding the following to your advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<gui><visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions></gui>
you should be able to see if Yahoo Weather is constantly updating the GUI.

Does Yahoo Weather also drive up the CPU load (you can view CPU load with: "bcmstat.sh -cxd10")?

If the GUI is being updated continuously, you might want to contact the addon author (is it a separate addon? I don't use Weather).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-01-03, 21:41)Milhouse Wrote: If you enable dirty algorithm visualisation by adding the following to your advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<gui><visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions></gui>
you should be able to see if Yahoo Weather is constantly updating the GUI.

Does Yahoo Weather also drive up the CPU load (you can view CPU load with: "bcmstat.sh -cxd10")?

If the GUI is being updated continuously, you might want to contact the addon author (is it a separate addon? I don't use Weather).

Thanks for the reply and excellent technical information (this little Pi experiment of mine is tempting me to get back into Linux again).

I will check the GUI updates and CPU load, as you suggested and contact ronie again, as necessary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange "red square" appears on HDMI display (OpeneELEC 5.0.0)0