Kodi Crash
Hello all. I've installed Kodi-Helix, but when I launch the program I get a startup screen then it crashes. I've tried reinstalling the program and running CC cleaner to no avail. I did try to search for a resolution, but came up empty handed. See debug below:

http://pastebin.com/6SgysL8a
can you add this in your userdata and redo the Debug Log?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#..._debugging
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the quick response! I'm assuming you wanted the last .xml debug. This was on a fresh install. I received the welcome screen for about 10 seconds before it crashed.

Here it is:

http://pastebin.com/ZRhgrxYP
FYI: I was able to fix this issue by opening kodi with the -p option.
Hello all,

i also have multiple crashes on Kodi 14.0 Helix under Windows 7 x64 on a Zotac ZBOX CI320.
I already changed loglevel to "2" as described by Martijn.

The crashes are very random, so i can't figure out what's the reason. It crashes on playing videos or playing RadioTunes-Addon or Music from library.

Now i'm waiting for next crash. Please tell me, which files or infos you need.

Thanks a lot.
What does -p do? I'm uninstalling kodi now since I can't get it to start. I'll wait for next release likely
The -p switch runs Kodi in portable mode. That means all of it's data will be stored within its installed directory and not the default Windows userdata location.
(2015-01-06, 19:45)wobi86 Wrote: Hello all,

i also have multiple crashes on Kodi 14.0 Helix under Windows 7 x64 on a Zotac ZBOX CI320.
I already changed loglevel to "2" as described by Martijn.

The crashes are very random, so i can't figure out what's the reason. It crashes on playing videos or playing RadioTunes-Addon or Music from library.

Now i'm waiting for next crash. Please tell me, which files or infos you need.

Thanks a lot.
First make sure you run Kodi without any extra add-ons installed and using the default skin Confluence. The file you are looking to provide us is the kodi.log file located in your userdata folder. You can use the Log Uploader add-on to hopefully make it easier.
OK thanks Kricker. I actually just figured out why it was failing for me. I forgot I changed the ip for my server and because the config uses an ip for mysql / central dB it locked up looking for my server
That would definitely do it. I'm glad you got it worked out.
Is it possible to upload the logfile in thi thread??
mine crashes as well. totally random. after susend, firing up, playing movies, ideling. i had everything over the period of about 2 weeks. turning off the web isnt a solution as i need it for automation. therefore i have given up. it was properly working before and i had crashes with helix from day one. longtime user here for about 5y now.

for the moment i switched over to plex. it has a few drawbacks, but also some advantages.
i had the same problem and i still cant figure out whats wrong or how to fix it...it says "kodi has stopped working"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crash0