Wow. New android Razer Forge looks interesting
I just bought Tronsmart s89-h. Maybe should have waited... What are your thoughts on this bad boy

Product features:
Android TV gaming and entertainment
Supports up to four controllers
Quad-Core gaming performance
Google Cast™ Ready
Massive selection of content and apps
Voice search via Remote App
Sleek and silent design

Product specs:
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 805
Quad-Core Krait 450 CPU - 2.5 GHz per core
Adreno™ 420 GPU
2 GB RAM
16 GB storage
Bluetooth 4.1 + HS
Wireless 802.11ac 2X2
Gigabit Ethernet
USB 3.0
HDMI 1.4 output
DC Power
4.1 in. (105 mm) Width x 4.1 in. (105 mm) Depth x 0.7 in. (17 mm) Height

- See more at: http://www.razerzone.com/press/detail/pr...qHTPY.dpuf
Another article:
http://www.cnet.com/products/razer-forge-tv/
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Interesting. I'm just affraid it will be the new Ouya... I mean, in a few months nobody will talk about this anymore. Don't know what to think honestly.
Is there any Minix/Tronsmart/Keedox boxes with similar features for half the price?

Edit: please change the mispelling in the thread title. Wink
(2015-01-07, 20:18)Mydriaze Wrote: Interesting. I'm just affraid it will be the new Ouya... I mean, in a few months nobody will talk about this anymore. Don't know what to think honestly.
Is there any Minix/Tronsmart/Keedox boxes with similar features for half the price?

It should be nothing like the Ouya.

For one thing it appears to be just running standard Android TV (Lollipop).

It's more of a combination of the new Nexus Player and a Fire TV, or a beefed up Fire TV running Android TV rather than FireOS and without a remote.

Also, here's the actual product page for it: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-forge-tv
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
CNET review does mention "Android games played fine, but performance wasn't quite jaw-dropping." Reviewer doesn't elaborate.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I'd would image that like most devices at CES, there's still some "ironing out" to be done.

Here's a review by Lillputing

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Edited
Just having 16GB (vs. 8 on Fire TV) appeals to me, but having to re-buy same games off Google Play, not so much.
My HT
Ya looks like good stuff. I wonder if I could just buy that controller? I'm new to the forums. I edited the title but it failed to save. Must be doing something wrong
(2015-01-07, 23:16)hdmkv Wrote: Just having 16GB (vs. 8 on Fire TV) appeals to me, but having to re-buy same games off Google Play, not so much.

Should be able to install the Amazon store and download the games from there without having to re-buy.

Not sure if they would show up on the UI though, might see if someone with a Nexus player has done that.
Thanks... looks like it's possible to do.
My HT
This is 4K? Will run KODI ?
(2015-01-07, 21:16)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 20:18)Mydriaze Wrote: Interesting. I'm just affraid it will be the new Ouya... I mean, in a few months nobody will talk about this anymore. Don't know what to think honestly.

It should be nothing like the Ouya.

For one thing it appears to be just running standard Android TV (Lollipop).

It's more of a combination of the new Nexus Player and a Fire TV, or a beefed up Fire TV running Android TV rather than FireOS and without a remote.

Also, here's the actual product page for it: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-forge-tv

Ouya was supposed to be a revolution. Many backpackers invested on it. For what exactly? A sluggish android box with pretty lame hardware and pad. I like the razer pad and box design. I will probably buy one for... emulators. I have an Archos Gamepad 2 and it play fine my emulators. So why not? But i'm just affraid of the Ouya syndrome: Cheap, fun, interesting, but will die soon. I'm quite pessimistic tonight. Wink
(2015-01-07, 23:58)Latinbull Wrote: This is 4K? Will run KODI ?
No to former (as not mentioned anywhere I've read), likely yes to latter.
My HT
Kodi exist for Android, a optimized version too: SPMC. So, i guess it will run smoothly on the Razer. But for 4k, i'm not sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wow. New android Razer Forge looks interesting0