Win Crash everytime I try to use SMB
Sad 
I'm trying to set up kodi over my home network using windows file sharing (SMB).

When I add video source in kodi it can see the PC under SMB, but as soon as I click on it the Windows 8.1 PC it's trying to connect to crashes

I have disabled home groups and turned off password protected sharing and the two PCs can see each other on the home network.
The PC that crashes is running Windows 8.1 and the PC trying to connect to it is running windows 7.
I have enabled a specific folder to be shared to 'everyone' on Windows 8.1.
The Windows 7 PC can see the shared folder under network, but as soon as I click to open it the Windows 8.1 PC crashes and reboots every time.
This happens regardless of what I share. Also the Windows 8.1 PC can access shared folders the other direction (from the Windows 7 PC) just fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sometimes a BSOD is shown before the crash, here are the Blue screen viewer dumps (I have no clue what to do with them)
DUMPS

The Windows 7 PC is not the problem because the same problem happens with other PCs trying to connect

I understand this problem might be outside the scope of Kodi, but I have no idea where else to turn, I'm at my ropes end with this
Same here.

Windows (8.1 and Windows 2012) crashes when kodi tries to connect via smb.

Have this behavior on windows kodi, openelec 5.0.1/2 and raspberry pi2 xbian.

But only when i try to connect to a smb share via kodi. When mounting a smb share on windows / debian (xbian) and using a local folder in kodi it works fine.

No errors in kodi log, just the timeout.
"rayures"
Add your PC's to same homegroup.
On the sharing tab from properties>sharing>advanced sharing>permissions: add everyone and check full control>ok
On security tab>edit>everyone>full control>ok

Now go to control panel>security>change user account control> move one lower>ok

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash everytime I try to use SMB0