Kodi lagging 1080p
I have problems playing 1080p fullHD Movies on my Asus VivoPC. Is my computer to slow for this or what? The sound and video is lagging a bit every 5 minutes so not very much lagging but it is irritating me a lot.
I have tried different kinds of settings in Kodi but the problem is still there. I have also changed drivers for sound and video but the lag is still there. Also read a guide to solve this problem with Kodi but nothing helps Sad

I have my computer connected with HDMI to a Denon Receiver of latest model and then HDMI from receiver to my 4K TV and run Windows 8.1 preinstalled.
The problem with lag does not appear when playing movies with VLC for example but with VLC and dont get 5.1 sound of course.

Anyone can help me maybe?

Hardware: http://www.asus.com/us/ASUS_VivoPC/VivoP...fications/
Problem solved installed Gotham 13.2 and it works fine!
(2015-01-07, 18:17)fr4zze Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 18:07)JxPx Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 17:43)fr4zze Wrote: First time i use Kodi so have not tried Gotham before. I close all programs before i play movies with Kodi as I said tried so many things but the lagging is still there.

Well since you are new to Kodi, and this version just came out, give Gotham a shot, and if it still happens, then its probably not XBMC/Kodi causing the problem. I know back in the day when I did my first install of XBMC, my video was lagging and it was because I was using the wrong Audio settings in XBMC. So yeah try a clean install of Gotham. If you still have the problem, again, post up a debug log and also PM one of the Mods and have them move this discussion over to the windows support thread because its probably not hardware related, so you won't get much support in this thread. Based off the specs, I just don't see it being a hardware issue, but I'm no expert either! Big Grin

Other question I'd have would be:

How is your media set up, i.e NAS, Direct, Wifi Stream?

I will try to install Gotham and see if the problems i still there. I guess Direct no external harddrive or something just the internal harddrive and and the computer has TP-cable so no WiFi.
If that is the answer to your question?! Smile

Started the same thread in windows forum but no answer yet.

Great. Glad to help out. Yeah you answered it, direct from local hard drive on the computer. I'm curious as to why Kodi was causing you to lag. If you have the time, I'd love to see a debug log of your current setup with Gotham, then one with your Kodi set up. I have an idea as to what might have been causing the lag, but I just want to see if i'm right. If you don't have the time, then no worries. It also may help the devs out with the next bug fix, in case others run into the same problem.
(2015-01-07, 21:04)JxPx Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 18:17)fr4zze Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 18:07)JxPx Wrote: Well since you are new to Kodi, and this version just came out, give Gotham a shot, and if it still happens, then its probably not XBMC/Kodi causing the problem. I know back in the day when I did my first install of XBMC, my video was lagging and it was because I was using the wrong Audio settings in XBMC. So yeah try a clean install of Gotham. If you still have the problem, again, post up a debug log and also PM one of the Mods and have them move this discussion over to the windows support thread because its probably not hardware related, so you won't get much support in this thread. Based off the specs, I just don't see it being a hardware issue, but I'm no expert either! Big Grin

Other question I'd have would be:

How is your media set up, i.e NAS, Direct, Wifi Stream?

I will try to install Gotham and see if the problems i still there. I guess Direct no external harddrive or something just the internal harddrive and and the computer has TP-cable so no WiFi.
If that is the answer to your question?! Smile

Started the same thread in windows forum but no answer yet.

Great. Glad to help out. Yeah you answered it, direct from local hard drive on the computer. I'm curious as to why Kodi was causing you to lag. If you have the time, I'd love to see a debug log of your current setup with Gotham, then one with your Kodi set up. I have an idea as to what might have been causing the lag, but I just want to see if i'm right. If you don't have the time, then no worries. It also may help the devs out with the next bug fix, in case others run into the same problem.

Of course I can do that but I dont know how to make a "debug log". Guide me? hehe
Check this awesome little page out! It will guide you and you will be an expert in under an hour!!

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi lagging 1080p0