Need recommendations for iPhone upnp app
I've got Kodi working very well on my mini at home, but I'm looking for a way to be able to watch my movies when I'm not at home. I can connect back to my home network easily enough using VPN so I was thinking of using a UPNP player on my iPhone and connecting over WAN. Been playing around with some of the free players, but the problem I'm running into is that most of my video have AC3 passthru audio and I get a popup that a paid version is required for this. I don't mind paying for the app, but I'm reluctant to pay before I've had a chance to be sure it works with AC3 passthru. Hoping I can get some recommendations for apps or maybe some suggestions for other alternatives that would use Kodi as the server.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I think VLC got taken down from the App Store, but if you change the timezone to a non-US timezone then it plays AC3.
Oh, and nPlayer does AC3.
Thanks Ned. Maybe you know, is transcoding an issue? I'm not sure if Kodi transcodes the video streamed from the UPNP server. That was the main reason I wanted to do some testing originally. my upload speed is only about 500 MB/sec.

Edit: Looks like only the paid version of nPlayer will connect via UPNP. Don't see VLC in the app store.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Currently Kodi doesn't do any transcoding.

Media Browser 3 might be an option. It has both a Kodi add-on and iOS app client.
(2015-01-09, 08:45)Ned Scott Wrote: Currently Kodi doesn't do any transcoding.

Media Browser 3 might be an option. It has both a Kodi add-on and iOS app client.

I tried Media Browser, but it looks like it doesn't connect to the Kodi database. Seems to function as an entirely seperate server. Thought I might give it a try anyway, but couldn't get it to see any of my videos. From what I was able to figure out from the MB install guide a different title format is required for MB to be able to identify the videos. Renaming all the files is more trouble than it's worth, and who knows what kind of problems I'd run into in Kodi with the new file naming.
Are there now any apps on the iphone available that support streaming of Kodi via uPnP ...? The only way I've been able to do this up to now is via teamviewer but there's no smooth connection.
No possibilities ??
VLC, nPlayer, OPlayer, there's a whole bunch of then if you search "UPnP player" on the app store.
Thanks, but those players dont support direct streaming of Kodi. I'm looking for a player that streams realtime without having to download the files to my library first,

I dont mind if I need to install a pc server on my deskop with the reception serve app on my iphone. All I want is to just be able to watch a live stream on my iphone without having to add it to my kodi library first.
Then don't ask about it here. We are not going to help you access your pirate/bootleg add-ons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need recommendations for iPhone upnp app0