Ordered chapters for mkv files
And what about http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1676385 ?

About possibility, I guess main problem is that ffmpeg completely ignore segments (chapters in different files) because of security reasons (or whatever they called it), so it's necessary to add/patch there a lot of functionality. And I don't think it's way which Kodi developers wants to go. Three years ago I prepared XBMC build with ordered chapters support and it was working fine on 95% of my test files, so it is definitely possible but requires a lot of modifications outside of project.
So Memphiz is the guy that makes all the decisions on the team?
(2015-01-19, 00:31)Shogunreaper Wrote: So Memphiz is the guy that makes all the decisions on the team?

No, but I don't think that's what he's saying here. I wouldn't call Memphiz's statement is a "definitive" answer, and no one can really give a definitive answer on something like this. His statement in the other thread was that he didn't think it was possible in the near future, but wasn't sure about long term. I would suspect that this statement is based in part on how complicated it might be to implement, along with the availability of a developer who is interested.

With or without a definitive answer, there is little value in bumping a feature request thread in such a short period of time. Normally people might bump a thread if they have new information about the request, or a few months or a year has passed and want to see if anyone new has joined the group and might be interested in seeing the request.
well months have passed since someone else suggested it.
If it is an issue that needs to be fixed or coded into ffmpeg then there is no point asking here. Hassle the ffmpeg guys.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
well bambi73 said it was possible to do it without hassling them.
(2015-01-19, 12:12)Shogunreaper Wrote: well bambi73 said it was possible to do it without hassling them.

bambi73 appears to have been able to patch ffmpeg to support this.

Having to patch ffmpeg ourselves is not the way we want to go as we're trying to get rid any patches to ffmpeg. It had got to the state where we had loads of patches for ffmpeg which slowed down our ability to incorporate newer versions of ffmpeg, and meant a lot of work had to be done each time we bumped the ffmpeg version. Since bumping ffmpeg versions could be hell in the past, this would get done once early in the development cycle for a release, however this meant by the time of the official XBMC/Kodi release the ffmpeg version we were using could be 12 months or behind the current ffmpeg version.

So in the last year a lot of work has been done to drop patches or get them integrated into the upstream ffmpeg project, this has allowed us to more easily track the upstream ffmpeg version changes, and meant when Helix was released the ffmpeg version was pretty much up to date and this allowed us to release with stuff like HEVC & Dolby Atmos support that entered the ffmpeg code during the Helix development cycle.
(2015-01-19, 00:31)Shogunreaper Wrote: So Memphiz is the guy that makes all the decisions on the team?

Yes - and now i demand hookers Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
There already is an existing thread about this here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=55764

Forum mod to merge?
(2015-01-20, 14:54)Hedda Wrote: There already is an existing thread about this here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=55764

Forum mod to merge?
There already is an existing post about there already being an existing thread about this, on first page, by me. Merge?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ordered chapters for mkv files0