ipad 3 Helix through HDMI adapter to AVR
Sad 
Hello All.

1st...Hats off to all the people making this great system what it is!
2nd...Yes I am an old Newbie! (a couple months)

I have succeeded to install Helix on my old ipad 3 (JB) OS 8.1.1
The problem is the audio out from it, through the AVR/ TV is Stereo.

Connection:
Ipad 3 through (Digital A/V 30 pin Adapter) Yes, OEM...
to Yamaha AVR (capable of DTS, TrueHD, DSP, 7.1 etc..
to Panasonic ZT series TV.

Any suggestions would be great. Trying to accomplish this old school, as my wife will kill me if I buy any more electronics!
Should I return the Adapter and go another route?!http://forum.kodi.tv/images/icons/sad.gif
1. follow Tvout (wiki)
2. After you have Kodi fullscreen on your TV and the remote controls on the ipad - be sure to enable passthrough (ac3 and dts) in system->system->audio

You really didn't really state what you want to achieve but i guess you want 5.1 surround sound...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank You. (Danke Schoen)

And, Yes thats what I was trying to accomplish!

What I was not seeing were the "expert settings". I had only minimum basic options. I thought because it was an Ipad, that those options were not available!
After a few tantrums and hitting the ipad a few times...Boom they appeared! BTW, how did I get the expert to appear?
As I mentioned, yes I am a Noob! All is Fantastic now!

Awesome Job All
Cheers Memphiz
you tapped the settings level in the lower left corner of the settings screen and changed it to expert i guess Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ipad 3 Helix through HDMI adapter to AVR0