Newb needing direction on where to start
Let me start by saying my primary goal is to have one HTPC to provide TV and DVR recordings to 2 different TVs. I do not have much of a digital library, I just want to stop paying DVR fees from the cable company. I would like to have a standard remote control (not an XBox controller). One TV is in the basement and one in a main floor living room. The HTPC would be in the basement.The HDHomeRun PRIME seems like a good place to start, but I dont really know. I am tech savvy so I am confident I can figure this out. There just seems to be a ton of information out there and I'm having trouble finding where to start. I'm open to any number of devices, I just dont know which one is right for me.

I have TWC, so getting a cable card should not be an issue.

Any info or useful links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat
The easiest method with the HDHomeRun Prime is to run one of the HTPCs with Windows and use Windows Media Center as the PVR backend. Kodi will then hook into that, even when running on a different HTPC. You can do this outside of Windows Media Center, but the other method is MythTV, and that is a lot more complicated to set up.
But do remember that depending on your provider and area, not everything will be recordable/watchable. Encryption is a bitch. You are restricted to 'copy freely' channels.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb needing direction on where to start0