OS X Cannot transfer files from OSX Yosemite to Kodi HD
Ive had my Mac Book Pro and a openelec XBMC build for several years now.

My Openelec box has a SSD with the OS on it and a 2TB drive for film / series

I remember there being some issues getting the 2tb XBMC HD to mount properly on the mac over the network initially but all has been running well until recently which I can only guess is released to my upgrades to Kodi and or Yosemite.

I can still see the 'Openelec' share and access the 'new volume' folder that is my 2 TB media HD The problem is now the vast majority of files I download onto the Mac won't transfer over to the drive - the transfer goes all the way to the end of the process and comes up with an error stating "the operation cannot be completed because the item is in use"

Bizarrely it doesn't consistently not work - if I have say a folder with a series of episodes Ives downloaded perhaps 3 out of 10 episodes will transfer fine but the majority won't.

As I tend to be transferring a lot of 20gig size files its also frustrating that it takes the full 20 mins transfer time before it decides that the file is in use and can't be transferred. I can put the file on a USB stick and do a manual transfer in Kodi fine but the process is very slow.

Does anyone know how to rectify the issue?
I'm either having a bad day and need a coffee or you post is confusing as hell ?

Q.
What type of box is running Openelec, what version of Openelec ?
You are trying to access the Shares on this Openelec box from the MacBook yes, what version of OSX ?
What protocol are you using SMB, NFS ?

You need to be clearer and more specific please.

Is there any kodi involvement here at all?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-01-14, 07:40)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm either having a bad day and need a coffee or you post is confusing as hell ?

Q.
What type of box is running Openelec, what version of Openelec ?

The Box is a custom built box with an intel 2.6 i3-2120T sandy bridge chip on a Asus P8H77 MB with a 64gig SSD for the OS and a 2TB HD for storage
Running Openelec version 5.0.0

(2015-01-14, 07:40)wrxtasy Wrote: You are trying to access the Shares on this Openelec box from the MacBook yes, what version of OS X ?

Yosemite

(2015-01-14, 07:40)wrxtasy Wrote: What protocol are you using SMB, NFS ?

SMB

edit by memphiz: fixed the quotation
I have this problem also....

I have connected a few HD's with USB to my MiniX-H8 below at my Television set.
My question is how can i see these HD's on my Mac wich runs Yosemite ?

Tryed lotsa settings allready with smb://ip adress - afp://ip adress etc....
They just dont show up in my finder.

I want to use this to transfer/delete files over the network
this has nothing to do with kodi on osx ... we need to draw a line somewhere when it comes to the stuff we support here and which might be better suited for a different forum.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
These two Wiki's may help to setup the OpenElec machine as a SAMBA Server:

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...m_OpenELEC
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Access...ab=Mac_OSX

The other easier option is share the Kodi library and to access files via UPnP

http://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP

You may have to upgrade OpenElec. I have no experience in either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot transfer files from OSX Yosemite to Kodi HD0