How to switch between DVDplayer and OMXplayer
I am having trouble viewing my DVD iso menus, I understand that switchng to DVDplayer instead of Omxplayer might work, now after extensive searching I cannot see anywhere how to do this? Does anyone know?

My Setup:

Raspberry Pi B+
Berryboot with Raspian and Openelec 4.06
Amber Skin
Raspberry Pi 3 B > Libreelec 9.2.1 > Amber Skin
RPI > Bravia KDL46WE5 > Optical > AMP
Synology DS411J NAS > 100mb Ethernet > RPI
Update to Openelec 5
You can set it in the advancedsettings.xml file:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

For example, create this file in the userdata directory:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
    <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
    <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
  </video>

</advancedsettings>
(2015-01-15, 09:08)Jönke Wrote: Update to Openelec 5
could you please provide more detail. As far as I can see Helix still has its share of issues and does not fully support the Amber skin.

Rather than changing the settings I thought you could do it on the fly?
There is a Helix version of Amber, which works fine on my 5.0 Pi at home (see the thread in the Amber section of the skins forum for details of how to use it).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-01-15, 11:13)gustafarian Wrote: ...

In the context menu select "Play using".

(2015-01-15, 13:00)nikstra Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 11:13)gustafarian Wrote: ...

In the context menu select "Play using".

Ah, This is what I am after. And how do I get to this option with a remote please?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Contextual_menu

I don't have a remote so I don't know how to do it.

However, when I tried DVDPlayer I found that the RPi was not powerful enough to play smoothly without hardware acceleration. In OpenELEC 5 DVDPlayer has hardware acceleration.
(2015-01-15, 13:12)nikstra Wrote: However, when I tried DVDPlayer I found that the RPi was not powerful enough to play smoothly without hardware acceleration. In OpenELEC 5 DVDPlayer has hardware acceleration.

There is hardware acceleration with dvdplayer on Gotham, but performance is *much* better on Helix, so it's strongly recommended.
Thank you all, I have Yoga DVD iso's and DVD folders that have menu options for the various workouts so I absolutely need the menus to work.
I have tried the DVD player on the fly and can confirm that the menus work properly(even though the playback is unuseable). So I am now up for the effort of updating the system. I used Berryboot and so updating is not easy - I think I might just start from a fresh install.

Thank you for the community forum support - that is what I love about "open source" I have replaced my Popcornhour C-200 which had it's PSU die. The RPI with Kodi was the best option it seemed for my needs , and hopefully it seems I am not wrong. So far the setup time has been much less, and with much less problems than I ever had with the C-200. And it seems to have more features!

Cheers,

Gus
(2015-01-15, 10:12)ijsbeer79 Wrote: You can set it in the advancedsettings.xml file:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

For example, create this file in the userdata directory:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
    <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
    <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
  </video>

</advancedsettings>

does this apply to Helix - the wiki doesn't note "defaultdvdplayer" and I no longer have the choice of player in the context menu. When I choose the context menu I just get play?
No it does not.

In Helix it´s an option in GUI in Settings - Video - Acceleration:

• Allow hardware acceleration (OMXPlayer)
Enables OMXPlayer

• Allow hardware acceleration (MMAL)
Enables DVDPlayer with HW acceleration

If you want DVDPlayer for all videos you simply disable OMX acceleration (with some setups this is necessary as DVDPlayer have some more features such as USB audio, audio transcoding etc.).
However, Helix is "smart" so if you have both enabled (default) Helix will know what player to use (OMX for supported content and DVDPlayer for everything else including DVD´s).
Thank you for the reply. I have found those settings and enabled Hardware acceleration for both players.
However, when playing an DVD ISO or DVD rip (folders) I get the menus to work, however the audio does not work and all I get is static. I was sure it was working the other day. Is this a hardware issue? I have no problems running MKV, MP4 etc.

The audio is 2 channel AC3. Passthrough for AC3 set (doesn't make a difference if I make it downmix)

Running Kodi Helix Openelc 5.0 and Amber Skin.
Files on a Synology NAS - 100mb ethernet connection
Audio Via HDMI

Any Ideas?
What if you disable passthrough?
What is your audio settings exactly?
What is your hardware setup?
Alright,

spent a bit of time on the weekend trying to get this to work - it still does not.

In a nutshell, it seems that when playing DVD or ISO with AC3 passthough enabled, the audio crackles and I do not hear the audio.

( I have removed the amp from the configuration below for simplicity - and to remove it from the problem)
The setup I have is:

Raspberry Pi running Openelec 14 - Amber skin
DVD or ISO folders on NAS
RPI hdmi cable plugged directly into TV - sound out of TV speaker

The audio has issues when passthrough is enabled - when it is disabled it seems fine or when the passthrough for both the AC3 are disabled.
The DVD and ISO audio tracks are AC3 stereo.

I have ripped an individual chapter from one of the DVD's to a .MKV container with .H264 codec and kept the AC3 stereo audio. The audio plays fine with passthrough enabled. So It seems that the passthrough for AC3 causes the audio to crackle FOR DVD and ISO formats only!

I need to have the passthrough enabled as 99% of my Rips are AC3 5.1 surround and I do connect it to the amp which decodes AC3.

Anyway, it seems to be a bug to me, not a specific setup problem. (or a problem with AC3 audio?)

The info while the DVD was playing with no audio is in the image below

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to switch between DVDplayer and OMXplayer0