Mac and SMB
I've hesitated from up upgrading to Kodi from Gotham because of AFP shares. I use a mac mini as a media center
to connect to a Yosemite iMac. AFP has worked, but Kodi has broken that. I have SMB turned on in Sharing and add the
SMB share in Kodi as smb://user:password@ipaddress, but when I try to access it, I get "Error - operation timed out".
I've tried SMBUp and that works, but I'd rather not have to worry about whether a server is running. It doesn't
autostart anyway. Am I missing something?
Known bug when upgrading, I've written about it extensively:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214091

When I add the smb share and select it, I get "Error - Broke pipe". Even when putting in a user ID and password.
Any other suggestions? I appreciate the help, by the way.
Confirming you used Add network location as per the link I gave you ?

- Instead of entering xxxxx.local for the server name try the IP address of the machine sharing the media.
- Leave Shared folder blank
- enter Username and Password + OK

Have you tried adding shares via Zeroconf ?
Also Windows network (SMB) > WORKGROUP ?

I've tried it with xxxxx.local and the IP address, but each time I get "Broken pipe".
Under Zeroconf there's (AFP) & (SAMBA), but nothing happens when I select (SAMBA).
There's nothing under Windows network (SMB).
Next port of call from the other OSX SMB Thread....

Quote:The other hint that has already been alluded to is to make sure "Sharing & Permissions" is correctly set for the selected folder or external drive.

1. Select the problem folder or drive in question, right click and select "Get Info"
2. At the bottom right of the window click the padlock and type in your password
3. In the Name and Priviledge window set everything to Priviledge "Read & Write"
4. In the drop down star symbol (next to + -) - select "Apply to enclosed items...."
5. Click the padlock again and you done.

or the Brute Force quick way just.....

Select "Ignore ownership on this volume"

Use the manual add for your network location. I think it's the last option if you scroll down past the samba browser and zero configuration options. It says "Add network location...".
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-01-17, 22:38)wgstarks Wrote: Use the manual add for your network location. I think it's the last option if you scroll down past the samba browser and zero configuration options. It says "Add network location...".

I've been doing that. I just get "broken pipe" or "connection timed out".
Maybe I should just stick with Gotham 13.1.
Please have another look at the following post again as I believe I have found the solution:

(2015-01-19, 05:44)wrxtasy Wrote: Please have another look at the following post again as I believe I have found the solution:

Would this method allow deleting files from the share while in Kodi? If the Everyone user is set for R/W that is?
Just leave it on Read if your worried someone will delete something, that still worked when I tested it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac and SMB0