Win win7 64bit, upgrading v13 to Kodi v14 erases all settings
upgrade to kodi v14 from xbmc Gotham (i had the last version of xbmc just forgot the version name other than v13).

any ways xbmc was acting up any time i touched my touch pad on keyboard it would high like the pause play button when i was trying to disable subtitle so i dled kodi v14, read instructions which said to over write XBMC so i changed the directory from kodi to xbmc where xbmc resided to over write it, booted up kodi and every thing is gone, steam addon, no movies, no videos no anything except a default setup that would get forma clean/new installation

why were my pause play button highlighting when i used my touch pad? did kodi erase all my setting when the guide said it work fine if you over write?
Kodi didn't erase anything. You renamed the folder that contained all of its data. Rename it back to "kodi" and it will all come back.
Before anyone reading this gets alarmed, straight installing through the available installer doesn't delete anything. The process is completely automated and takes care of renaming directories as needed. This doesn't eliminate the NEED for a db backup before upgrading. That's just common sense and I wouldn't do without. But all is fine and automagical.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-01-18, 07:04)Ned Scott Wrote: Kodi didn't erase anything. You renamed the folder that contained all of its data. Rename it back to "kodi" and it will all come back.

(2015-01-18, 13:00)ashlar Wrote: Before anyone reading this gets alarmed, straight installing through the available installer doesn't delete anything. The process is completely automated and takes care of renaming directories as needed. This doesn't eliminate the NEED for a db backup before upgrading. That's just common sense and I wouldn't do without. But all is fine and automagical.

Okay that makes sense, maybe the community wiki might be changed, wording wise because to over write you have to change it form kodi to xbmx. it seems i just needed to NOT over write it all, i guess kodi install imports every thing from xbmx folder? i guess my kodi cna't find anything if it's looking for a kodi directory and i renamed it to xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
win7 64bit, upgrading v13 to Kodi v14 erases all settings0