ION not supported anymore?
Hi, been using this wonderful program since it was on xbox.

Have never let me down... until now.

KODI, helix, is not working very well on a Nvidia ion 2 platform.
-First I thought is was my hardware, causing the sudden stop in sound and the low volume from hdmi.. but no.
Now runs 32 bit 12.2 ion i386 version on it, no problems whats so ever.

Something has happened in Kodi helix that don't mix very well with ion2 hardware.

Main problems:
-low volume from hdmi.
-Not changing to correct HZ e.g 24p = jerky playback.
-Sound lagg in random intervals.

Is ion not supported anymore or is it just some bugs that is going to be sorted out?

//alvess
Could you please provide a debug log?

Did you enable "change refresh rate to match video"-optin in the settings (take care you enabled your settings level to 'expert').
it's the same on ION1 - i went back to gotham after suffering daily hangs (deadlocks), audio stutter and static for a week on my living room box. it seems the vdpau code is riddled with races. sadly i don't have a dev platform with vdpau support :/

this was with openelec 5.0
There is not so much changes in vdpau code from Gotham to Helix and vdpau is certainly not responsible for not changing to correct refresh rate. There may be issues in vdpau code though.

Fact is that I am not aware of any dev testing on ION anymore and with the age of this GPU there is almost no feedback during development.
it was not to be read as critique from me. as you say no feedback has been provided, it's just a bit hard with just having oe on my vdpau-enabled box, no traces etc..

i have no issues with refresh rate switches, just deadlocks on initializing playback (audio starts, video freeze, audio eventually dies..) and general audio glitches now and then. turning off vdpau i could not reproduce them, although i didn't test much since the box is rather useless without hw acceleration. last log line is something vdpau'y. i have a log or two at home, just never got around to reporting it.

also, it may very well be driver bugs. i assume it has been bumped in oe 5.0..
I got the same issues with OE5.0.

When starting playback, sometimes screen goes black, audio studders, starts playing again and then stops with a black screen, with no way to return to the menu.
Will try to retrieve the Debug Log next time it happens.
I have the same issues. And I've notice a lot of other posts. I have 2 ION machines at home and had to go back to Gotham.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214454
(2015-01-21, 00:15)David1977 Wrote: Could you please provide a debug log?

Did you enable "change refresh rate to match video"-optin in the settings (take care you enabled your settings level to 'expert').

Thanks for the reply.

-Yes I have seen the "feature" basic, normal, advance and expert and expert is on and "change refresh rate to match video" is also on.
Took me awhile the first time to find this "feature", so i understand why you are asking.
But no log file, i need to install Helix again first, but surely this must be a known problem or do you still want me to log?

Ps. I skipped Gotham so i don't know if the problem is there also, but i can try.
-Same problem in Gotham 13.2, it seems to set the correct HZ but the picture and sound is randomly jerky...

So went back to OE3.0.6 32bit with ACE 2.0.2, think i will keep it that way.
-Everything is running smooth and without any problems.

//alvess

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION not supported anymore?0