Apple TV 3 and Kodi V14 Airplay
I have just installed Kodi V 14 on my jail broken IPAD running IOS 8.1.2. Evrything works but for the life of me I cannot get Kodi to airplay via my Apple TV 3 box.

I get the audio but no video. I have tried all configuration options that I know of: Tuen on airplay, IOS 8 compatibility, etc. to no avail

I have tried with several movie apps, YOUTUBE, and others - same thing.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not supposed to work?
HOW-TO:Use video output on iOS (wiki)
I have tried the referenced web site to no avail. I assume when it says to change to Display #2 it means to select 768x1024p rather than the default 2048x1536p? I do not have a Display #2

When I try to change to 768x1024p it always just goes back to 2048x1536p even though I select yes to the message "Would you like to keep this change?"

I'll keep plugging away at it. I am not very Kodi literate as I have just started this but I may stumble across something
I just noted I do have a Display option but it is greyed out. I cannot access it to change to Display 2

I have followed all the FAQs. I have selected the IOS 8. Option and enabled AirPlay . I have verified that AirPlay works with other apps on my iPad.

I have Apple TV 3 not Apple TV 2. Could that make a difference?

Running me up a tree Angry
I tried it with atv3 lately without problems. Ensure that you have mirroring enabled and see the content of your ipad on the atv3 before even starting kodi. Also ensure that kodi is really closed (double tab home button and swipe away kodi to really close it) - before starting it again ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Tried all that. I will try again. I am probably missing something simple

As I said, I am new to Kodi. As soon as I figure uut how I will post a debug log

Thanks for responses
I uninstalled and then reinstalled Kodi. I still cannot get AirPlay to work. Different symptoms

If I go to ESPN via ILive I see a small screen floating around with a fixed image which seems to be a frame from the video with no sound

I still cannot select Display Mode it is still greyed out. My AirPlay works with YouTube app on my iPad.

debug is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=407219
The first step hasn't even anything to do with Kodi. Its how to enable airplay mirroring ... i have a video for you here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoZgGJGsEZc
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
The Youtube video is out of focus and not in English. But I can figure out what he is doing, Exactly the same thing I am trying to do.

However, as I have stated many times, I cannot select Display #2. The Display Mode is greyed out even when I have the ipad AirPlay set to Apple TV.

And, as I said, AirPlay works for other than Kodi apps

Thanks anyway. I am about to just give up here. I may try again if a new version comes out. Perhaps an ipad version of TVMC?
Do you have any displayout jailbreak tools installed by any chance? Also the debug log you linked to above has debug enabled way to late. You need to enable debugging, then stop kodi, then restart kodi - so i can see the display enumeration...
OK. Set debug on, turned Kodi off then restarted. AirPlay is on in both Kodi settings and on the ipad air 2. Still Display Mode is greyed out.

Here is log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=409126

The only other thing I have installed from Cydia after jailbreak is a terminal shell and openssh

Thanks
Kodi doesn't See the Second Screen - nothing i can do about - the API for screens is pretty clean and Easy and i just use it like in osx - you are the First one Seeing it not working ...
Thanks for trying

Do you think it would be worthwhile to restore the iPad and reinstall Cydia?
no opinion on that - if you have the time to do so - why not...
Well, I removed Kodi and the jaibreak. What a pain! When you restore the Ipad it automatically updates you to 8.1.3. In order to get back to 8.1.2 I had to reinstall Itunes to version 11.4 since it would not allow restore to 8.1.2. Found out the hard way that Internet Explorer downloads IPSW file as WinRar and had to download via Chrome. I wish there were a way to un-jailbreak without the software update.

I redid the jailbreak and reinstalled Kodi before installing any other Cydia apps and, lo and behold, I still have the same problem. I still cannot change to Display #2

I did note, after going through all of the above, after I reinstalled Kodi my settings were the same as I had before removal. I guess I did not do a complete cleanup after de-install.

Is there a document that tells you how to remove all traces of Kodi?

I just cannot figure out what is different with my Ipad Air 2 if no one else is having this problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 3 and Kodi V14 Airplay0