Can't get Yatse remote to work/event server issue after upgrade to kodi
(2015-02-15, 00:56)bdbull Wrote: Well this makes even less sense now. There are example event server clients in the kodi source, so I pulled it down to try those out. I was able to successfully send a message to kodi locally from itself. Next test was to attempt to send a message from my laptop. Performed the same test as I did on the kodi machine and it was also successful. I then started Yatse on my phone and am now able to connect to the event server.

This absolutely blows my mind because absolutely nothing has changed at all. Hell, it didn't work just 15 minutes ago when I decided to pull down the source.

Well, it's back to not working anymore.
I had this same issue. I recently upgraded to Kodi and then Yatse stopped being able to detect my XBMC computer. I tried installing the XBMC remote app and that fails too. The workaround that is currently working is the app Home Remote Control. This is not an XBMC specific app, but the remote control mode works exactly the same with XBMC running. It also has a mouse and keyboard mode that works with Ubuntu desktop without XBMC running.
I have a similar issue. The app cannot control volume and such directly. I have Kodi Remote and it can control volume and move the selection around but it can't start videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get Yatse remote to work/event server issue after upgrade to kodi0