Win TVDB being inconsistent
Hello,

I am experiencing an issue wherein the TVDB is not picking up episodes of some shows. I find it to be inconsistent, for instance, it will not pick up season 5 of boardwalk empire, but will pick up Homeland.

The naming for an example of boardwalk empire is: boardwalk empire.S05E01 - Golden Days for Boys and Girls it is in the same folder as seasons 1-4 of Boardwalk empire, which XBMC did recognize.

The naming example for Homeland is Homeland.S02E09.HDTV.x264.

Both live under folders that bear the shows name and both are in the same external hardrive folder (tv).

I have tried deleting my cache, but that didn't work.

Here are the requested details:

1. Version of Kodi: 14.0 Helix
2. Windows Version: 8.1
3. CPU/Architecture: AMD Athlon X4 760k Quad Core 3.8 Ghz 64 bit
4. RAM amount: 8GB
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem: I turn on xbmc and it does not see that there are new episodes to be scanned in
7. FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/5anXhtND

Please help, as this is super annoying and perplexing
13:18:01 T:3244 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'F:\TV Shows\boardwalk empire\' due to no change

also your naming scheme could do with being cleaned up a bit.

try renaming it to "Boardwalk Empire - S05E01 - Golden Days for Boys and Girls.mkv" or what ever file extension it is.
This seems to be common to multiple users- 215316 (thread)
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks so much for the help. I changed the file name, but that didn't fix it. I also downloaded the stable 14.1, but that also didn't fix the issue. Is this an issue with the TVDB scraper? How do I get this fixed?
I saw one post in the thread I linked that reported that they were able to work around this problem by updating from the source menu.
Video>Files>highlight the source>press c>select "Scan for new content"

I haven't had this issue, so I can't say if it works or not. Just passing it along. If it does work, post back with your success for others to read. Might consider posting in the other thread as well.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I found a fix: I removed the files, cleaned the library, and put them back in the folder, Kodi found them!
Thanks all for their help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB being inconsistent0