• 155(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Hmm, since i updated to 2.0.7 i can't have mediainfo view on video addons like youtube. When i had 2.0.0 i could.
What happend? And how can i fix it?
(2016-03-14, 20:38)baruchin Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 20:27)jbaconbits Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 18:18)baruchin Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey! I just installed skin github version for my recently updated Kodi 16.1 RC on Fire TV 2. Everything is working amazing, but I have noticed a strange behaviour not present in previous skin versions. While a video is playing, bringing OSD controls is kind of slow, I mean, not super slow but still noticeable. Also, while bringing OSD controls there's a micro pause in video that's almost unnoticeable, but it's certainly present. I don't know if this is due to heavier skin animations, or due to Kodi 16 being more cpu resource intensive. In any case, I think Fire TV 2 has enough power to handle both cases, but maybe I'm wrong.
Again, thank you for your wonderful work for this skin.

Installing skins from a git has always done this on Fire TV, but the official repo version will always work fine. Not sure if it's because of everything being compressed for the repo or not, but it should go away once you get it from the official repo.
Really? First time I heard of having a different skin behavior depending of wich method you choose to install it from. But I read you say that this is specifically true with Fire TV? Right? I really hope this is the case, because the video micro pausing I noticed while bringing OSD controls is even more noticeable than I originally thought, and this becomes a big issue for me.

Yup, it bugged me a lot on the last version too but installing from the repo works fine.
Hi can any body help? I love firstly thank you for this great skin. However, I was installing other skins from the default built in pack and when I came back to zephyr all my zephyr setting had defaulted. Is this normal? If so is there a way I can save my skin settings?
(2016-03-15, 07:16)mwake Wrote: I was installing other skins from the default built in pack and when I came back to zephyr all my zephyr setting had defaulted. Is this normal? If so is there a way I can save my skin settings?

I had the same problem with titan, in skin shortcuts addon i had to disable something like "apply same menu to all compatible skins"
Forgot about Rolodex. Looks very nice. I also can't see an option for it at Big Wide view. How can we activate it?

(2016-03-12, 18:27)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 01:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: New Viewtypes
Inspired by a couple of the new views in the mods floating around.

Big Wide - Rolodex (Classic mode available from side menu)

And how do I activate the rolodex view?

Thanks
So I have Kodi on my pc and pi3. How can I easily transfer the skin settings to my other device?
(2015-04-01, 19:24)jdoo Wrote: I finally got around to setting up custom widgets and WOW. Jurial you have really done something special here. I have been dying to have "my list" from netflix be on the home screen in widget form and in Arctic Zephyr its super easy to do! I also got my youtube subscriptions set up in widget form, which is awesome.

I'm surprised other skins don't do this more, being able to get content out of plugins into widgets is hugely useful for me so thanks!

I know it's been almost a year since you posted tihis, but how did you make a widget for "my list" from Netflix? Even better, is it possible to make a widget, that shows random movies and shows on Netflix, likely from a page like moreflicks.com because it shows from every Netflix country?
(2016-03-15, 04:44)jbaconbits Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 20:38)baruchin Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 20:27)jbaconbits Wrote: Installing skins from a git has always done this on Fire TV, but the official repo version will always work fine. Not sure if it's because of everything being compressed for the repo or not, but it should go away once you get it from the official repo.
Really? First time I heard of having a different skin behavior depending of wich method you choose to install it from. But I read you say that this is specifically true with Fire TV? Right? I really hope this is the case, because the video micro pausing I noticed while bringing OSD controls is even more noticeable than I originally thought, and this becomes a big issue for me.

Yup, it bugged me a lot on the last version too but installing from the repo works fine.
It's because of the textures not being compressed in the git version. I had this too and fixed it using http://kodi.wiki/view/TexturePacker

It's quite easy. Just put the exe file and bat file you created in the wiki page in the skin folder and execute it. After that you delete the media files and just leave the texture.xbt . actually i needed to rename it to textures.xbt for it to work. Good luck!
Thanks for this! Also, you can rename to Textures.xbt inside the .bat file. That way you won't have to do it everytime. This line:

START /B /WAIT TexturePacker -dupecheck -input media\ -output media\Textures.xbt

(2016-03-16, 13:37)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: It's because of the textures not being compressed in the git version. I had this too and fixed it using http://kodi.wiki/view/TexturePacker

It's quite easy. Just put the exe file and bat file you created in the wiki page in the skin folder and execute it. After that you delete the media files and just leave the texture.xbt . actually i needed to rename it to textures.xbt for it to work. Good luck!
(2016-03-16, 13:37)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 04:44)jbaconbits Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 20:38)baruchin Wrote: Really? First time I heard of having a different skin behavior depending of wich method you choose to install it from. But I read you say that this is specifically true with Fire TV? Right? I really hope this is the case, because the video micro pausing I noticed while bringing OSD controls is even more noticeable than I originally thought, and this becomes a big issue for me.

It's because of the textures not being compressed in the git version. I had this too and fixed it using http://kodi.wiki/view/TexturePacker

Thank you so much for this explanation. Now all makes sense. I suspect this procedure isn't feasible on Fire TV being an Android platform, but at least now I know that when I get the repo version Arctic:Zephyr will be as snappy as always.
(2016-03-16, 15:33)baruchin Wrote: Thank you so much for this explanation. Now all makes sense. I suspect this procedure isn't feasible on Fire TV being an Android platform, but at least now I know that when I get the repo version Arctic:Zephyr will be as snappy as always.

Well i actually use this for my firetv myself. But i need a windows pc to create the textures.xbt

After this you can copy the folder skin.etc to you addon folder in the firetv. Another way is to repack the zip file and just use it to update the skin.

I use ES File Explorer to delete all the files insise the media folder. You only need to delete those the first time i guess. After that you just use texturepacker first before updating your skin.
(2016-03-13, 17:11)braz Wrote: @Talguy and JurialMunkey

The disappearing widgets are due to the use of templates I believe. There is a way to use unique IDs and there is a autoreload method to keep them from disappearing.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2278901

Is this related?

Since introducing templates, widgets aren't autoupdating. I have my YouTube subs as a widget but it doesn't autoupdate once I watched a video. I have to either reassign the widget on Home Menu skin settings, or quit and open Kodi again.
Hi jurialmonkey,

Wondering if you had a chance to look at the the PVR thumbnails for the folders?
(2016-03-17, 19:08)baruchin Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 17:11)braz Wrote: @Talguy and JurialMunkey

The disappearing widgets are due to the use of templates I believe. There is a way to use unique IDs and there is a autoreload method to keep them from disappearing.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2278901

Is this related?

Since introducing templates, widgets aren't autoupdating. I have my YouTube subs as a widget but it doesn't autoupdate once I watched a video. I have to either reassign the widget on Home Menu skin settings, or quit and open Kodi again.

We're aware of this issue with skins using Skin Shortcuts templates feature to build widgets, and we're considering options for solving it in the future. As an interim solution, I've PR'd this branch which allows you to edit a widget (Choose Widget, then Custom Item - the last item in the list). With that, you can add one of Skin Helper's reload parameters to the widget path, which will update the widget after media is played.

To install the branch, download the zip and manually extract it, then replace the contents of addons/script.skinshortcuts with the contents of the zip. The addons folder can be found one folder 'up' from the userdata (wiki) folder.

The various reload parameters are detailed here - to use them:-

If the path already has a question mark - ? - in it, at the end of the path add a '&' and...
If the path doesn't have a question mark in it, at the end of the path add a '?' and...

...add widgetReload= and the appropriate widget reload from that post. For example, to refresh after watching a movie only for a path that already has a ? in it, you'd add

Code:
&widgetReload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload-movies)]

Note this won't work for all widgets (extended info widgets, for example, will break with this method). So if the widget stops returning the results you'd expect, delete the parameter you added.
I'm using Arctic Zephyr on 15.2 how can I get it on Jarvis
By the way this skin is amazing please keep it up
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37