Raspberry Pi 1, B (not plus) 1080p lag problem
Solution...buy a Mac, very minimal setup for NFS then Smile

Not going to pay for that then, should it work just fine with smb too?
Swapped the cables, tried with different ones, but it didn't change anything.
I'm having the same problem. I use SMB, but had no issues under Gotham. MPEG2 videos (Recorded HDTV) are unwatchable in Kodi, but the same file converted to mkv (after running comskip) play just fine. CPU jumps up to 100%. I use audio passthrough via HDMI and have A/V sync disabled. Tried overclocking, but that only made a slight difference. I'm looking for solutions in the forums, but looks like I'm just going to have to downgrade to Gotham.
(2015-03-03, 00:02)joshcube Wrote: I'm having the same problem. I use SMB, but had no issues under Gotham. MPEG2 videos (Recorded HDTV) are unwatchable in Kodi, but the same file converted to mkv (after running comskip) play just fine. CPU jumps up to 100%. I use audio passthrough via HDMI and have A/V sync disabled. Tried overclocking, but that only made a slight difference. I'm looking for solutions in the forums, but looks like I'm just going to have to downgrade to Gotham.

Are you sure the MPEG2 licence is enabled?
(2015-02-04, 20:37)wrxtasy Wrote: Solution...buy a Mac, very minimal setup for NFS then Smile

Install a low end Linux distro on any low spec PC. NFS on Linux is very simple and fast.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2015-03-03, 01:03)popcornmix Wrote: Are you sure the MPEG2 licence is enabled?

Hint, remove the # in front of decode in the config.txt file...ie....

decode_MPG2=0xcecd0000

(2015-03-03, 01:03)popcornmix Wrote: Are you sure the MPEG2 licence is enabled?

You are correct, sir! Big Grin I finally found the problem and fixed it last night. When I disabled MMAL in hardware acceleration and had OMXPlayer only enabled, I got the tell-tale sign of no license (Pi trying to play MPEG2 as audio source). I had wrongly assumed that since I was getting any picture, the license must be ok. I guess with MMAL enabled the Pi tries to software decode the MPEG2 and eats all the CPU. My config.txt got wiped in one of the updates. Put my keys in and all is well with the world again.

Interesting side note: With MMAL disabled and only omxplayer enabled (with the license key installed), the audio is out of sync. With both enabled, playback is smooth as butter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 1, B (not plus) 1080p lag problem0