Win NFS share contents not visible Helix 14.1 Win7
Folks,

Long time user of this and having some issues with a new install of Helix 14.1 on fresh Win 7 SP1 build.

When trying to add videos via NFS I can see the share level but no content below.

Works fine from other installations running Gotham.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Thanks
debug log (wiki) and post the /etc/exports from the server.

Between kodi and helix the uid used for nfs on windows might have changed (from uid 0 to uid 65535 or something). Depends on your exports file if this is the issue for you (f.e. wrong user mapping which results in permission problems).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Permissions seems to be the issue according to the log

lots of stuff like this;

22:19:00 T:3232 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: /homes (mount/mnt call failed with "RPC error: Mount failed with error MNT3ERR_ACCES(13) Permission denied(13)")
22:19:00 T:3232 DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.1.100/homes not open - get a new context.;
22:19:00 T:3232 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: /homes (mount/mnt call failed with "RPC error: Mount failed with error MNT3ERR_ACCES(13) Permission denied(13)")

What I find is that I can see the contents once and then I'm booted up a level.
Resulting in an eventual "could not connect to network server"

Unsure how to get the other log.
Connecting to a QNAP NAS

But aren't NFS permissions based on IP/Subnet?

Thanks again.
Yes the MNT3ERR_ACCES is because of not passing the ip/subnet restrictions (or the unprivileged port problem). Then later on there is a second layer of security (the filesystem) which totally relies on proper user mapping. Maybe you should have a look into the nfs wiki link in my signature - it should have instructions for the QNAP NAS.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Awesome WIKI by the way...

All does look good however...

I did move the insecure before the rw as it was at the end but didn't make any difference.

"/share/MD0_DATA/Videos" *(insecure,rw,async,no_root_squash)
Reboot the nas if you didn't already try that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS share contents not visible Helix 14.1 Win70