Win Picture off screen on TV
Hello everyone,
I've been researching this and messing with this problem for a while now. It just started happening when I did the update from the last version of XBMC (Gotham) to Kodi. I have a windows 8.1 computer which I run Kodi off of. I have an hdmi running from my graphics card to a splitter which then runs into my HD tv. The picture looks fine in full screen on either of my two computer monitors, but when I switch it over to the tv it is way too bit. As in when I start Kodi and it shows the splash screen with the kodi logo, the Kodi logo is on the bottom right hand side of the tv screen (actually somewhat off the screen) instead of being in the middle.

I've already checked and my tv does have an overscan mode. This has never been on, though I have tried messing with it to see if that helps, it doesn't.
I've tried using the "\" shortcut to take it out of fullscreen and put it back in.
I've tried restarting the program.
I've even uninstalled Kodi and removed every trace of it from my computer (appdata, program data deleted) and reinstalling it.

I also am aware that there is a video calibration in the Kodi settings that I can use to adjust the screen size. This does not work because the picture is so far off that I cannot adjust it enough.

I've tried everything I can think of and everything I can find and have no success. Please help!!
Have you tried eliminating the splitter?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I was going to try that even though I really don't want to, but then I discovered that the cord won't reach the tv with out the splitter. I'll see if I can make it work for testing purposes though.
(2015-02-05, 03:03)thrak76 Wrote: Have you tried eliminating the splitter?

Nope that Didn't work either. Still did the exact same thing even when directly hooded into the tv
Strange. You went through all the video output settings in System settings?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Yep. Nothing worked
Your gfx card needs to support multiple res on multiple monitors. If you switch over to the TV as your desktop display (using the win+p key) and configure your desktop graphics for that display, Kodi should run sweetly. Then try switching back to the monitor as a secondary and see what happens. Configure multiple monitors and resolutions with the O/S gfx & gfx card settings. Kodi should be able to display within those resolutions as long as the gfx card can deliver.

I suspect that with the splitter inline, the gfx card doesn't get the TV EDID parameters, and sends out a lor-res default. Perhaps setting up the TV as your desktop, your can config your monitors separately, cross your fingers. Otherwise shell out for a proper length HDMI cable and cut out the splitter which interferes with HDCP protection anyway.The solutions in this tread might interest you http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217054
(2015-02-05, 05:13)PatK Wrote: Your gfx card needs to support multiple res on multiple monitors. If you switch over to the TV as your desktop display (using the win+p key) and configure your desktop graphics for that display, Kodi should run sweetly. Then try switching back to the monitor as a secondary and see what happens. Configure multiple monitors and resolutions with the O/S gfx & gfx card settings. Kodi should be able to display within those resolutions as long as the gfx card can deliver.

I suspect that with the splitter inline, the gfx card doesn't get the TV EDID parameters, and sends out a lor-res default. Perhaps setting up the TV as your desktop, your can config your monitors separately, cross your fingers. Otherwise shell out for a proper length HDMI cable and cut out the splitter which interferes with HDCP protection anyway.The solutions in this tread might interest you http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217054

Good call. Using your first method I discovered that my tv apparently likes 1280 x 1024 as the resolution better than 1920 x 1080 like what I had it set at. After I made that change and changed kodi to the same resolution everything lined up. Thanks!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture off screen on TV0