Flicker-filter settings for other XBE's (ie. games), similar to the trainer option
Hey I just saw a PC program released for the xbox that patches retail game xbe's and changes the flicker filter to whatever you want. Now I immediately thought that was a great Idea and tested it and it works great on every game I throw at it. Now this would be so much better if we can do this on-the-fly. I was wondering if its possible someone put this functionality in xbmc? The program is open source and the developers seem very enthusiastic about seeing this in xbmc.

The site is...http://xbox.nugnugnug.com/FlickerFucker/

and here is a the response to the program....http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=541927

I figure it would be a small option in the context menu of 'my programs' similar to how trainers work.

What you think?
I think this would be AWESOME if it was possible to enable this via XBMC. I tried this earlier today and the video quality looks MUCH more crisp!!!
I read on their website that this tool is only good for "Standard Definition Interlaced TV´s (15khz)".
I own a Panasonic Plasma 42" HDTV and have the original Microsoft HD AV Pack connected.
Does this tool also improve picture quality of games to such HDTV systems?
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

only interlaced displays
I´d like to see this Tool integrated into xbmc too. Maybe like it´s done with the trainers, so no manually backup of the xbe is required.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
you guys do know that this can be changed from osd and has been there for ages?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

reread the posts elupus Smile
Yes I meant during retail games, not in the dash. Im aware of the function in xbmc. Are there any devs interested? Im sure it would be just a small addition (although I dont code so maybe im wrong).
god damn quickedit.. i changed that post.. what i changed it to was that this would require an modification of the xbe, wich i don't think should be done by xbmc. unless it can be done in the same way as trainers are loaded.

Could it not be done in RAM memory like with the NTSC/PAL video-mode switch in My Programs (so it actually doesn't patch the XBE on the harddrive)? ...maybe a dumb question
question isn't stupid.

but the answer is not the one you want. no, it's not possible to do it in that manner (atleast not using the provided code)
- 26-08-2006 added: Flicker Filter Xbe Patcher. Based on hargle and VooD Win32 Flicker Filter XBE Patcher http://xbox.nugnugnug.com/FlickerFucker/
settings - my Programs - auto flicker filter patch on/off
will always create a patched _ffp.xbe, the default will not touched
ff patcher uses the flicker filter setting in XBMC settings
will not patch: in progressive mode and homebrew xbe's

gemini was actually working on it BEFORE you guys suggested it Wink
Wink

hooray! Nod
thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
spiff Wrote:- 26-08-2006 added: Flicker Filter Xbe Patcher. Based on hargle and VooD Win32 Flicker Filter XBE Patcher http://xbox.nugnugnug.com/FlickerFucker/
settings - my Programs - auto flicker filter patch on/off
will always create a patched _ffp.xbe, the default will not touched
ff patcher uses the flicker filter setting in XBMC settings
will not patch: in progressive mode and homebrew xbe's

gemini was actually working on it BEFORE you guys suggested it Wink

Wow! U guys are trhe best! So does the soften work? Is there a manual way to patch it? som games look crappy when u mess with the filter (far cry, DOA) so it would be great if i could pick and choose which titles to patch and which ones not to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flicker-filter settings for other XBE's (ie. games), similar to the trainer option0