Device help!
Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice.

I currently have an asus O!Play mini which I use for playing files from my external HDD, these files are many different formats AVI, MOV, MKV, and XVID. It's never let me down.

So I have recently purchased a Roku 3, but this is not compatible with Netflix, and it does not support the file formats I have mentioned above.

I have literally just got rid of my HTPC which was running xbmc, had access to netflix and I was using unblock us to switch netflix regions, due to compatibility issues with the Mrs (a pbkac I believe it's called).

So I'm looking on scrapping all of the above and I'm looking for a single device that can:

Play all of the file types I've listed above
Is able to stream Netflix and also I'll need to be able to change the DNS settings
Is compatible with XBMC - either runs it or is compatible for streaming.

Most importantly though it must have an easy UI and be controlled by a remote.

Or maybe you can see where I can get what I'm after another way let me know!

I realise these are very precise needs for a device but I've spent the last week looking for something, and need help now haha!

Thanks,
ODROID-C1 or MXQ S85 are in the $50 range, great value, and will run Netflix for Android and XBMC/Kodi.

The Fire TV is better for Netflix because it is more remote-control friendly, but I don't know if you can change DNS settings on the Fire TV.
Beelink and clones may interest you too.

You can change DNS on the FTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Device help!0