choppy playback all of a sudden
Using 14.0 on AFTV. A couple days ago video playback started becoming choppy. I did not change any settings. It's all local stuff from my pc. All different video formats. I upgraded to 14.1 but stiLA the same choppyou playback. I tried changing some audio and video settings but nothing seemed to change. Please help!
debug log (wiki)?
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=418518

Hi,

Hopefully this will help. The video has been choppy and stuttering every few seconds. Whether it's local stuff or streaming.

thanks
Can you make another log with debugging turned on? Under Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Enable debug logging. You don't need to worry about the extra options as long as "Enable debug logging" is turned on. That will give us a lot more data.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=418769

OK, that should do it.

thanks again for taking a look!
So these same files used to play okay? The log shows it trying to use hardware decoding and failing, so it falls back to software decoding, which probably explains the choppy playback. I'm just not sure why something like that would suddenly start up. Have you rebooted the whole Fire TV lately? I think other apps can sometimes "hold on" to the hardware decoder, preventing other apps from using it.
I rebooted the device and so far so good. My video is playing smoothly. I have hardware accelerated turned on with both libstagefright and media codec on. Is that what you would recommend?

Thanks again for your help
"Banshee.S03E05.720p.HDTV.2CH.x265.HEVC-PSA"

I had no idea the Fire TV supported hardware decoding x265.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Ha, didn't notice that one. HEVC would definitely not play on a Fire TV
(2015-02-08, 06:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Ha, didn't notice that one. HEVC would definitely not play on a Fire TV

I should've added a Rolleyes to my initial reply.

I also noticed 'super repo' in the list, thought that wasn't supported.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-02-08, 03:53)Ned Scott Wrote: So these same files used to play okay? The log shows it trying to use hardware decoding and failing, so it falls back to software decoding, which probably explains the choppy playback. I'm just not sure why something like that would suddenly start up. Have you rebooted the whole Fire TV lately? I think other apps can sometimes "hold on" to the hardware decoder, preventing other apps from using it.

THANK YOU!

May be a long bump but Ned is always there to the rescue..been battling this problem for 3 days nonstop. Rebooted the TV - instantly fixed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
choppy playback all of a sudden0