RPi2 CEC issues with Anynet+
I have Kodi 14.1 installed on Raspbian as per the instructions found here: http://michael.gorven.za.net/raspberrypi/xbmc.

All is fine except I can't get the remote to work despite the fact that my Samsung TV (UA55H7000) tells me it is connected to Kodi with anynet+.

How can I troubleshoot/fix this problem. I'm not sure where to start!
Does anyone know how I might troubleshoot this problem?
Can you try an official distribution (e.g. OpenELEC)?
I'm not certain the raspbian deb file is built with CEC enabled (if not, I'm sure it could be).
Would be useful to determine if CEC is otherwise working.
Hi popcornmix, thank you for the reply. I spent some more time last night experimenting with it and actually got it to work. I unplugged my apple tv and cable set top box from the tv and plugged out the power for a while and on plugging it back in it worked. Only problem is, as soon as I plugged my cable stb back in, it stopped working again. It seems there is a conflict between kodi on the pi and the stb. I realise at this stage that it's probably not a kodi issue but have you come across this problem before or do you have any idea how to get around this?
I had a simmilar issue with a STB box. The box had CEC capabilities but was somehow not compatible with my TV (TV didn't detect it as CEC device) and if both where plugged nothing worked. After a firmware update on the STB box it's working not on the PI
Does your stb have an option to disable CEC? If not you can buy a CEC-less cable for exactly this problem.

CEC is not a particularly strict standard, and most companies take some useful bits, make some changes, add some extensions and give it a new name (anynet+, bravia link, viera link, regza link, RIHD, simplink etc).

While libcec does a pretty good job of handling the different implementations (the code is full of vendor specific workarounds) you often find devices that just don't play nicely together. The only options are to stick to devices from the same manufacturer, or to disable CEC on the less useful device.
Hmm, and industry standard in this context is a real oximoron Tongue
I'm a XBMC novice :)
I couldn't get cec to work on any of my pi's, I tried everything I could think of except for a different hdmi cable. As soon as I did that it started to work ok, it might sound stupid but it worked for me.
Fixed this problem by buying HDMI-DVI and DVI-HDMI adapters (for $6) and plugging them between TV and STB. Since DVI doesn't support CEC it sorted the issue for me. Also saved damaging a HDMI cable. Cheap and cheerful solution that might help someone!
I've got a bluray player with CEC and my RPi B with kodi 14 on it.

I found I had to press "tools" on my Samsung remote and then select Anynet from the menu on the right - this let me pick which CEC device I controlled.

Glad the adapters worked for you though!
(2015-04-13, 14:48)nikc0069 Wrote: I found I had to press "tools" on my Samsung remote and then select Anynet from the menu on the right - this let me pick which CEC device I controlled.

Cheers mate, I did try that and it told me it was connected to kodi but nothing worked unfortunately. I'm happy enough with the adapters solution though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi2 CEC issues with Anynet+0