APPLE TV 2 CRASH ON STARTUP OF KODI
Im running 14.0 Helix kodi. I changed the skin to nebula and after that i crash everytime. I cant change the skin (dont have enough time to get to the setting) so how do i fix this. Can I ssh and change the setting, if so, how? Please help, and i dont wanna delete my setup just change the skin somehow.
somehow grab /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

search for <skin>nebula</skin> or something like that and change it back to <skin>skin.confluence</skin>

Save the file and put back on the atv2.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-02-17, 14:34)Memphiz Wrote: somehow grab /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

search for <skin>nebula</skin> or something like that and change it back to <skin>skin.confluence</skin>

Save the file and put back on the atv2.

How do I find /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml do I paste that it into the code thing or do I search through the files? Everytime I search the files into preferences, all i see is .GlobalPreferences.plist and com.apple.coreservices.appleidauthenticationinfo.plist, if i paste /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml i get permission denied.
Actually if you can tell me how to remove or what to type in to get a fresh kodi start that'd be ok too.
SSH in: http://kodi.wiki/view/IOS_FAQ#SSH

Then type in:

Code:
rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

and then start Kodi up.
(2015-02-18, 06:01)Ned Scott Wrote: SSH in: http://kodi.wiki/view/IOS_FAQ#SSH

Then type in:

Code:
rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

and then start Kodi up.

Code:
login as: root
[email protected]'s password:
GILL1234:~ root# rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
rm: cannot remove `/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml': No such file or directory
not working Sad says no such file or directory
NVM in response to everyone who answered THANK YOU. As it turns out when I opened kodi it reset my SKIN TY SO MUCH. I think it was because Ned Scott's solution but thanks to everyone.
How do you access the code? I have the same problem.
I'd like to choke the developers of the Nebula Skin! Piece of garbage.
I had the same problem and it was driving me nuts. Thanks for posting a solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
APPLE TV 2 CRASH ON STARTUP OF KODI0