Strange subtitle behaviour!!!!!
Hi

I have a strange problem with subtitle synchronization!
Most of my DVD library consists of 29.97 fps movies. As a result I have a hard time finding appropriate subtitles in the usual places (opensubtitles.org, subscene.com etc).

I tried downloading 23.97fps and 25fps subtitles and converting them with subtitles workshop to 29.97 but to no avail!
The de-synchronization is more tragic than when I leave them at their original fps.
It seems the conversion doesn't work well when you go upwards in frames (23.97 or 25 -> 29.97) instead of the usual routine of converting 25fps to 23.97.

At first I thought the program was at fault so I tried some other online tools that did exactly the same thing but the same thing happened again.

Can someone shed a bit of light on this strange conundrum that I have?

Thanks guys!
Any one?
Perhaps you could look for another source for those movies.
Sites like that where you try to get the subs from use mainly the US source or Blu-ray.
I once tried to sync subs from a 23.xxx source for a 25 source.
Then I decided it's easier and less work to get the source what they use for the subs.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Or you could try re-ripping from the source Huh
Well re-ripping is not an option since I already ripped like 1500 DVDs and also can't get the source for so many DVDs (assuming you mean downloading those movies).
No more ideas guys?
well you could convert your movies to 23.976 fps
(2015-03-01, 13:41)Shogunreaper Wrote: well you could convert your movies to 23.976 fps

Ye... that's not an option since they are over 1500 DVDs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange subtitle behaviour!!!!!0