Power supply issues possibly with Pi2
(2016-01-01, 21:47)hinkey Wrote: Had this system up and running with xbmc - but had a lot of issues with static interference with the sound system - After reading a few forums I came to the conclusion it might be the psu - I currently run it through a 12v adapter with a buck converter to bring the v down to about 5v's anyway without thinking I turn the POT up slightly without reading the output Vs. the system shut-down and I am unable to boot it up again - The green light comes on first then the red (both solid) / (no hdmi picture) all the chips are cold. I have re-installed the sd card os again but no result. Any ideas? Smile

So, I assume you fed more than 5V in?
I believe the polyfuse will protect against some over-voltage (perhaps up to about 7V), but it can take some time to recover (e.g. 24 hours). Waiting a while and trying again could work.
If you fed more than that in, then it's quite possible you have fried something and you'll need a new Pi.

You might get more luck on the raspberry pi forums where some electronics experts may be able to help you diagnose what has blown, but only if you enjoy that sort of thing. The effort required and the chance of fixing it doesn't really weigh up against the cost of a replacement.
Stupid question boys:
We can use a CHARGER of a Smartphone for power supply ?? For example i have a power charge whit 2.1A Output.... it's good and ok to use whit my Pi 2?
(2016-01-02, 15:11)DjDiabolik Wrote: Stupid question boys:
We can use a CHARGER of a Smartphone for power supply ?? For example i have a power charge whit 2.1A Output.... it's good and ok to use whit my Pi 2?

If it produces 5V when under load then yes. However not all chargers do this - they often drop the voltage as the current increases.
If the voltage drops below 4.6V you will see a warning coloured square in the top right corner. As long as you never see this then all is good.
(2016-01-02, 15:57)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 15:11)DjDiabolik Wrote: Stupid question boys:

If it produces 5V when under load then yes. However not all chargers do this - they often drop the voltage as the current increases.
If the voltage drops below 4.6V you will see a warning coloured square in the top right corner. As long as you never see this then all is good.
Ah.... it's obvious Smile i have check my power charger... one it's a Samsung Note 3 charger signed by 5.2V and 2.0A, my second it's a OnePlus One charger signed at 5.0V and 2.1A output.

At this point it's better to use a appropriate power supply......... great info if ever you'll need in the future....
(2016-01-02, 16:32)DjDiabolik Wrote: Ah.... it's obvious Smile i have check my power charger... one it's a Samsung Note 3 charger signed by 5.2V and 2.0A, my second it's a OnePlus One charger signed at 5.0V and 2.1A output.

5.2V is actually fine (it's within the 5% tolerance allowed, and in reality there is always some voltage drop across cable, especially when under load).
Don't pay too much attention to the numbers written on the supplies. Many supplies say 5V @ 2.1A, but will often drop to 4V long before reaching 2.1A.

Just try them both and if you don't get the warning sign when under load (e.g. scrolling though fanart in a library view) then you should be fine.
(2016-01-02, 16:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 16:32)DjDiabolik Wrote: Ah.... it's obvious Smile i have check my power charger... one it's a Samsung Note 3 charger signed by 5.2V and 2.0A, my second it's a OnePlus One charger signed at 5.0V and 2.1A output.

5.2V is actually fine (it's within the 5% tolerance allowed, and in reality there is always some voltage drop across cable, especially when under load).
Don't pay too much attention to the numbers written on the supplies. Many supplies say 5V @ 2.1A, but will often drop to 4V long before reaching 2.1A.

Just try them both and if you don't get the warning sign when under load (e.g. scrolling though fanart in a library view) then you should be fine.

Ok... but i thinks i can use it for a test if my actual power supply (i have buyed the started kit on amazon instead) begin to make trouble Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power supply issues possibly with Pi20