need more advice-sorry.
i really would like to go with a raspberry pi2.
one problem left is the lack of a web browser for the hrtv.com (wife loves horses and racing) subscription we have.

the only option i can think of would be to also get a fire tv stick which can load firefox and flash player which appears to be needed.
i would need a hdmi switch to use both on the same tv i think.

the problem is now i am approaching the cost of a chromebox. which would be nice but really kills the budget at this time.

do you have any other ideas that i have not thought of?

i would not even attempt this on my own.

thanks again for all the great help and advice.
A Pi2 can do a web browser and Kodi on the same install, but it won't do flash.
thanks for reply
can you point me to where to look for more info on that browser and which os it is on?
are you referring to epiphany?
You have started 3 threads about Pi and a browser.
(2015-02-23, 17:07)mxlance Wrote: thanks for reply
can you point me to where to look for more info on that browser and which os it is on?
are you referring to epiphany?

Use Raspbian and then install Kodi using this: http://michael.gorven.za.net

Then just use the Raspbian desktop for both the included browser (Epiphany) and Kodi.
@MatteN
sorry about that.
this has been a thorny problem for me to sort out.
until ned's last post here i never clearly understood the browser thing on pi. i still don't.
i try not to be a pain in the a** with posts.
in retrospect i should have just continued asking questions in the first post.
however i was uncertain if hardware or the raspberry pi section was most appropriate to my question.

thank you to all for your patience and help as always.

@ned scott - thank you for your reply.
i know nothing about this and do not see much mentioned here about using raspbian mostly openelec and osmc i think it is called.
does raspbian offer similar features and performance to the others?
i looked at the link above but did not see much to help.
i googled but could not find much to help me sort out what to expect.
can you recommend where i can look for more info?

sorry to asking so many questions but budget does not permit much experimentation. i need to be reasonably sure it will work as needed before i jump in.

thank you for your patience and help ned.
If you want flash, you are looking at Google Chrome which isn't not readibly available on Linux for ARM. You would need to be using a X86 based system to have that and Kodi.
that is the way it looks. it is disappointing i was sold on the idea of the pi2.
before i give up,
i am going to try and fine some one using a pi to test the web site we subscribe to and see if they can play a video there.

thank you for your reply.
(2015-02-24, 17:14)mxlance Wrote: i try not to be a pain in the a** with posts.

Next time you post put a title on it that describes your issue.

NOT

Pretty Please help me.

I mean really, Do you expect every person on this forum to click your post and research your issue?

If you put a correct title on it, people that are well versed on the issue can see it instantly.
(2015-02-24, 21:31)mxlance Wrote: that is the way it looks. it is disappointing i was sold on the idea of the pi2.
before i give up,
i am going to try and fine some one using a pi to test the web site we subscribe to and see if they can play a video there.

hrtv.com has an HTML 5 player and works without flash. I'll try it directly on the Pi2.
@ned - thank you very much that is most appreciate and more than i expected. and of great help.
also how did you determine that hdtv.com has an html5 player?
thank you again

@FishOil - you have a good point. it appears i was a bit to informal in framing my title. that said fishoil does seam to work well for you. Smile
thank you for the good advice
@ned scott - not sure if you are checking in here or not but if so…

i read through the link you provided above and in the process of googling about it i came across xbian (which i did not realize before was a different os). now i have even more questions. though xbain sounds encouraging from what i read last night.

first question: should i continue asking about xbain/epiphany vs others here or would it be better suited elsewhere?

the manner of my posts appears to have caused some distress for others and i would like to follow proper etiquette. i am completely serious about this. i greatly value this forum and strive to be respectful first and foremost. yet two negative comments tells me i need to pay closer attention to my posting.

as always thank you
Stick with OpenElec. I have tried the others but keep coming back to OpenElec due to it's stability and on-going development.

how unstable is xbain?
is xbain any worse than say windows or os x?

this is frustrating, just when think i may have found a solution it all goes wrong.

thank for your advice.
Chromebox, kodibuntu and Chome work pretty good for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need more advice-sorry.0