Showing off your configuration?
Lightbulb 
Hello,

What would you use or do to show off your Kodi configuration to another person? Is there a tool which will export a human-readable list (I know about the Backup plugin) of the installed Kodi plugins and their configuration?

Basically the 'manual' approach would be:
Take a screenshot of key places - such as the Home screen, Movies and TV Shows screens. Write down a list of the plugins I have installed and the way I have configured them.

I am thinking... what if we want to make a 'gallery' of our Kodi configurations and borrow ideas from each other? Manual approach would be very insufficient in such case. Perhaps a plugin which could do that (e.g. take screenshots and list installed plugins and their [key] configuration?)

Just sharing some ideas...
Isn't that is what the Showcase sub forum is for?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Showcase is more about hardware/rooms.

All your addon configs are in addon_data. tar it, put it on dropbox. All your friends can see your setup, including your passwords.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
We could just describe our setups like this...

Hardware....

Raspberry Pi Model B rev 2 (overclocked to 1GHz), Seagate 120GB ext HDD (from an old laptop), ATX PSU with 2 x powered USB ports for powering the Pi, USB Hub and Ambilight, 7 port USB hub, mini wireless keyboard as a remote and 50 x WS2801 LEDs.

Google Chromecast (for Netflix and Radioplayer)

Pioneer VSX-819HK AVR with S-HS 100 5.1 speakers.

Software...

OpenELEC 5.0.3, Hyperion for the Ambilight, iPlayer addon, ITV Player addon, BBC iPlayer addon (in case iPlayer should fail), Jupitier Broadcasting addon, Youtube and Youtube Channels.

Server...

Acer Revo R3600 (2GB Ram & 160GB HDD) with 2 x 1TB ext HDDs. Running Lubuntu 14.04 LTS with NFS Shares and MySQL database.

Network...

BT Homehub 3, 4 x Devolvo 500Mbps Homeplug adaptors, 5 port Belkin Gigabit switch. Netgear DGN1000 router as a Gigabit switch and wireless access point and a Sky (Netgear) router as a ethernet switch and wireless access point.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing off your configuration?0