Library audit trail
Would be nice if KODI kept a db of any add/deletions from the library with timestamp, section.

Here is my reasoning, I recently discovered that a bunch of movies were missing from my NAS.
I only noticed when trying to go watch a movie and it was not there... now I know stuff is missing but I just don't know exactly what and how long.
Which brought me to my idea of keeping some sort of audit trail of what goes in/out of the library -- scanning for content vs clean library.
Then I could look at the audit page/db and find that movie to see when kodi removed it.. and see what other things were removed at that timeframe for a pattern of what was affected/etc.

While this record keeping would obviously grow over time, you could offer things to trim (keep last x days), or clear or disable.

Exposed via the gui, was thinking something like:
Code:
<TV> | <Movies> | <Music> | <section>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
date
  + filename
  - filename

support the typical list things such as sorting / filter / etc

This could be useful for when you run that clean library and rather than it just being 'done' you can see what was done.. same with scanning for content.
Also log when the user specifically told it remove from library / delete files.
Can be useful to see why a entry is showing up in the library with its status reset.. (proper/repacks - filename changes).

With this information stored, it could then also be exposed via the api which apps could use as well..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library audit trail0