Raspberry Pi 2 Freezes
Hello,

I updated one of our two mediaplayers (RPI) to RPI2 with Openelec/Kodi. It is much faster then the first one but sometimes it freezes, so I had to change back to RPI1.

1. When I connect to a samba-server with >600 files (video) the system freezes. It is not possible to add files in this directory to the database. The subdirectories are visible during the adding of this directory.
Another shared directory of the same server ist accessible.

2. By accessing the add-ons the system always freezes (but in different steps). It is not possible to change p.e. the Webfrontend.

Thank you for any suggestions.
1. Have you disabled "Browse into archives" and "Extract video information/thumbnails"? These settings, when enabled, can cause lockups/freezes when browsing files. You may have these settings disabled on your Pi1 but not your Pi2. You can most likely browse the other shared directory because it doesn't contain any archives like your first directory.

2. More detail required. Look in your debug log for details. Is the system freezing (can you still ping it), or is the CPU load simply being maxed out? Or is it an out of memory issue due to a badly written addon? Start with a fresh .kodi installation and add your addons one at a time until you hit the problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
What kind of micro SD card and power supply are you using?
I'm encountering a similar problem streaming videos over SMB. Video freezes, but it takes hours for this to occur. Never had this problem with the original Pi.
Thanks for your answers, but nothing worked.

The last thing I did was extending the filesystem off the SD-Card and after that, everything is fine Laugh

I do not know if this was the problem, but ...

Edit: The Server was still on, only Kodi was down. Restart (systemctl restart kodi) was possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2 Freezes0