Can't unzip apk file
Hi guys,

New to the forum. I'm sure this is really basic, but I can't unzip the 14.1 Android arm apk to open with adbFire. I tried it on 2 different computers running Windows and neither worked. I used Winzip and Express Zip.

Winzip just leaves the file zipped when I try to extract it, and Express Zip gives me the "Not Supported" pop up.

Any ideas?
Try renaming the file from .apk to .zip.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Hey Fry7, thanks, I tried it and still nothing.
Then maybe your downloaded file is corrupted.
Can you try downloading it again?
Just did that, and even Win-7-Explorer is able to extract it after renaming it to .zip...
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Ok, dowloaded again, renamed it to .zip and it seems to have extracted the file to a folder on desktop, but I can't find any executable files. Here's the list of files in the folder:

assets
lib
Meta-info
res
AndroidManifest
classes.dex
resources.arsc
why do you even want to unzip it?
an apk is an install file
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
As your first file seems to have been corrupted you didn't need to unzip the .apk in the first place (and there is no Win-executable because it's made for Android...).

Take a look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV
and here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV

Quite well explained.
Just feed adbFire your working .apk...
Bye,
Fry
It's working!!

I fed it straight to adbFire the first time around and something happened, so I checked a tutorial and it said to unzip it??

Anyway, thanks to the both of you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't unzip apk file0