Solved RaspBMC as 'remote' client?
Raspbmc´s latest update shipped the wrong PVR addons.
I have compiled the correct ones and you can fix this with the following commands via SSH:
Code:
wget http://miappa.samnazarko.co.uk/temp/addons_share.tar.gz --no-check-certificate
wget http://miappa.samnazarko.co.uk/temp/addons_lib.tar.gz --no-check-certificate
sudo tar -xvf addons_share.tar.gz -C /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/kodi/addons
sudo tar -xvf addons_lib.tar.gz -C /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/kodi/addons
sudo reboot

I recommend OSMC though, but I haven´t tested PVR myself.
Miappa -

Thanks for this, I'll add these commands this evening and then try adding PVR and LIVE TV again -- stand by for an update.

Also - any thoughts on why I can see/play ISOs under 'Videos' and MKVs but not the MP3s when using the same connection method under 'Music'.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Difficult to say, turn on debugging and reproduce the issue.
Paste the log at a pastebin site and provide a link to it here.
miappa -

+1 on your fixes -- RaspBMC has settled down.

Live TV - I can see the EPG, recorded programs, etc -- but when I try to play I get the busy symbol followed by 'Channel could not be played'. The ServerWMC log on the backend shows the tuner engaged and the stream was started but the RaspBMC client encountered an error and could not open it.

Music - When I navigate to the folder where the MP3 files are on the server, it's empty. I see movies and can play them when I use the same navigation method for 'Videos'.

Here is my error log: http://xbmclogs.com/pyd9wgbwz, thanks in advance!
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Here is the relevant log entry from ServerWMC:

<FUBAR ENTRY REMOVED>
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Take your log and shove it up your pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As nickr say, you should use a pastebin site and also never cut the logs.
There are a lot of useful stuff in there that is not included when you cut it.

To keep the log as small as possible and not cluttered with unrelated stuff you should;
1. Turn on debugging
2. Reboot
3. Reproduce the issue
4. Paste log to a pastebin site (if xbmclogs doesn´t allow you as it might be to big, try pastebin.com or something else)
5. Provide a link here

I must tell you though, I know very little about PVR, and if it is realted to PVR only you might get more help posting in the general (OS-independent) forum.

Regarding no being able to see files on a network share (in this case your music), this is almost certainly a permission issue.

Edit: Again, I really recommend that you try OSMC isntead though as Raspbmc is being superseded by it.
Sorry - I didn't realize how big that log entry was, and if I had an idea of where the error exists I would have edited it further. It was getting a little late here in the heartland.

nicr - I'm blushing.

miappa - I'll investigate OSMC, and see if I can get the serverwmc log onto pastebin.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
I've got this narrowed down to permissions for the TV folder -- I've tried to use the default user ID and password from the Raspberry Pi, but that doesn't work -- any guidance on what the user name and password needs to be on the 'Folder' tab of ServerWMC?
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Just to close this out - thanks for the replies, I am chasing the TV Folder permissions issue and the network connectivity issue in separate threads within their respective support sub-forums.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
So - I downloaded OSMC onto a new MicroSD chip and viola - Live (and recorded) TV and Movies work. I have a separate issue with music files that I'll chase via a separate post. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC as 'remote' client?0