Custom NFO and library.
Hi guys.

I was just introduced to the wonderful world of movie NFOs.
So I made an nfo and put all the details and changes I wanted for a movie that is not in IMDB (lets call this movie a documentary).
When I open up kodi it doesn't recognize the nfo unless I do a scan but if I do a scan then it will scan all my other nfo corrected movies and re-apply all the wrong info it found.
Is there a way to add a movie and an nfo to the library without kodi scanning for it?
I know there is a "no scan" choice when you add a source but then the movie doesn't show up Sad

Thanks guys
You could add a source folder with just a single video in it and then scan for new content of that source from the file menu. Or if the movie is already in your database with the wrong info you can Refresh from the Movie Info window. When the prompt asks if you want to ignore local information select No.

Not quite sure why you wouldn't want all your movies scanned though? Why wouldn't those nfo files have the correct information?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
If you really want custom NFO. Try MediaElch

http://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/
(2015-03-01, 14:24)wgstarks Wrote: You could add a source folder with just a single video in it and then scan for new content of that source from the file menu. Or if the movie is already in your database with the wrong info you can Refresh from the Movie Info window. When the prompt asks if you want to ignore local information select No.

Not quite sure why you wouldn't want all your movies scanned though? Why wouldn't those nfo files have the correct information?

Because I have corrected many movies up to now using XBNE. If I choose the scan option it will look at all my info and also those that I corrected and revert back and/or add the original information before the corrections were made.

I will try your method and let u know.

Thanks
(2015-03-01, 14:31)oldpoem Wrote: If you really want custom NFO. Try MediaElch

http://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/

I tried it but it seems it doesn't access kodi's database directly to make changes. The only application that I found it does that was the XBNE.
Doesnt "Local information only" work for you?

Also you can always "Refresh" the metadata of a single item. If a .NFO is presented Kodi will ask which source to scrape - the .NFO file or internet.
(2015-03-01, 15:07)NEOhidra Wrote: Doesnt "Local information only" work for you?

Also you can always "Refresh" the metadata of a single item. If a .NFO is presented Kodi will ask which source to scrape - the .NFO file or internet.

Ah cool.. will try that out also

Thanks
(2015-03-01, 14:50)johny6969 Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 14:24)wgstarks Wrote: You could add a source folder with just a single video in it and then scan for new content of that source from the file menu. Or if the movie is already in your database with the wrong info you can Refresh from the Movie Info window. When the prompt asks if you want to ignore local information select No.

Because I have corrected many movies up to now using XBNE. If I choose the scan option it will look at all my info and also those that I corrected and revert back and/or add the original information before the corrections were made.

Thanks

Perhaps there is some problem with your NFO files. Kodi should use the information from the NFO file every time it scrapes if there is an NFO file. As suggested, if you create a source which contains all the videos using NFO files you can use the Local Info scraper.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-03-01, 18:01)wgstarks Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 14:50)johny6969 Wrote:

Thanks

Perhaps there is some problem with your NFO files. Kodi should use the information from the NFO file every time it scrapes if there is an NFO file. As suggested, if you create a source which contains all the videos using NFO files you can use the Local Info scraper.

My bad I didn't explain in detail. XBNE edits a movie directly into the Kodi database. It doesn't create a local NFO file hence my problem with scanning.
(2015-03-01, 18:08)johny6969 Wrote: My bad I didn't explain in detail. XBNE edits a movie directly into the Kodi database. It doesn't create a local NFO file hence my problem with scanning.

If you export your library as "separate", then those database bits that you have customized will be exported to an .nfo.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2015-03-01, 18:17)thrak76 Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 18:08)johny6969 Wrote: My bad I didn't explain in detail. XBNE edits a movie directly into the Kodi database. It doesn't create a local NFO file hence my problem with scanning.

If you export your library as "separate", then those database bits that you have customized will be exported to an .nfo.

Ah good tip... thanks
Having .nfo is better since messing in DB by other app can lead to corrupted DB. You can always rescan your library and Kodi would automatically pick up nfo file you edited. I'm using MediaElch since it is good at this.
You guys have any apps to propose that create .NFO files that can be used in Kodi?
(2015-03-04, 19:18)johny6969 Wrote: You guys have any apps to propose that create .NFO files that can be used in Kodi?

How about Kodi? You can export everything in the library to NFO files. There are also several platform specific media management tools.
(2015-03-04, 19:18)johny6969 Wrote: You guys have any apps to propose that create .NFO files that can be used in Kodi?

What I did was scraped Movies / TV Shows with Kodi then exported as separate nfo / pictures. And use MediaElch for edit nfo file further if unsatisfied with what Kodi scraped/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom NFO and library.0