Req Extras/Special Features/Additional Videos
Likely requested before but I'm lazy tonight and making this new thread.

Add a feature to allow a sub-folder from the main movie folder to put additional video files to be accessed from the main movie file info screen. You click on the "Extras/Special Features" or what ever button and get a list of the additional files hosted in that sub-folder. You can add the making-of videos, extra trailers, deleted scenes, whatever.
there is this addon called "video extras" which does exactly what you suggest here. Not all skins support this addon though.
Well hot damn! That's pretty much EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks for helping me be lazy! Big Grin
and also there are many threads about this request.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-03-02, 17:13)Martijn Wrote: and also there are many threads about this request.

Well thanks for bumping it back to the top so other lazy people like me that are out there and don't care to look at 3 in the morning can see it! Big Grin
Since video extra features are in such a high demand, I really hope whatever future skin we use/make/whatever as the new default skin for Kodi includes support for the Video extras add-on (at least as an optional feature, somehow).

Video extras and the Extended info add-ons are practically must-haves, IMO.
(2015-03-03, 09:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Since video extra features are in such a high demand, I really hope whatever future skin we use/make/whatever as the new default skin for Kodi includes support for the Video extras add-on (at least as an optional feature, somehow).

Video extras and the Extended info add-ons are practically must-haves, IMO.

The same should be said for Kodi supporting natively extra art for logo, clearart and disc with the naming convention like poster and fanart and scraped automatically if present locally.
IMO all this clearart, disc art etc it not adding any value to the UI and only adds extra visual "noise" - so I'm against supporting this by default.
We do now natively support extra artwork :)

It's just not in the scraper, but Kodi does actually make a DB entry for all those extra artwork types, and they can be changed with the "Manage -> Choose art" option in the GUI.
but they're not shown in UI
(2015-03-04, 10:22)da-anda Wrote: but they're not shown in UI

They're not used by Confluence, if that's what you mean, but they are shown in the UI:

yes, that's what I meant - they're not used in Confluence
(2015-03-04, 10:02)da-anda Wrote: IMO all this clearart, disc art etc it not adding any value to the UI and only adds extra visual "noise" - so I'm against supporting this by default.

Not sure I agree with that Wink

As long as the artwork is standardized then we should look to include it in scraping options and database fields. Let the skinner decide whether its useful or not.

Having non standard artwork from add-ons just causes confusion and fragmentation imo. I found this out last night when trying to migrate my movies from 1 NAS to another.
I'm not against scraping stuff by default, but the default skin should not be clutterd with this stuff (or it should be turned off by default in skin/appearence settings). Btw - we're getting really OT here Wink
(2015-03-04, 10:02)da-anda Wrote: IMO all this clearart, disc art etc it not adding any value to the UI and only adds extra visual "noise" - so I'm against supporting this by default.

WTF? You don't like it so everyone else should have to go through more steps to use it? All that's been stated is IF you have the files already in the proper directory that Kodi recognizes it upon scraping and adds it to the library the same way it scans fanart and posters created by the user. If you don't create them then it DOESN'T go out and find them for you automatically when scraping. Never asked for that because the default extra art is often horrible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extras/Special Features/Additional Videos0