Req Extras/Special Features/Additional Videos
(2015-03-04, 14:34)da-anda Wrote: I'm not against scraping stuff by default, but the default skin should not be clutterd with this stuff (or it should be turned off by default in skin/appearence settings). Btw - we're getting really OT here Wink

Who ever uses the default skin obviously doesn't care about their library looking good. Confluence is boring, drab and dull.
(2015-03-04, 10:18)Ned Scott Wrote: We do now natively support extra artwork Smile

It's just not in the scraper, but Kodi does actually make a DB entry for all those extra artwork types, and they can be changed with the "Manage -> Choose art" option in the GUI.

Kodi doesn't scrape the extra local artwork. It has to be added manually or through a batch byu running the Artwork Downloader add-on. Kodi SHOULD scrape this art if it's present in the proper folder.
No, he's just saying his own opinion on the matter. Nothing more, nothing less.
If someone could post all the exact details of the artwork they would like to see, dimensions and format then maybe that would be a start.
(2015-03-05, 01:28)zag Wrote: If someone could post all the exact details of the artwork they would like to see, dimensions and format then maybe that would be a start.

As standard on fanart.tv

-clearart.png 1000 x 562

-clearlogo.png 800x310

-discart.png 1000x1000

Just have the scraper read the name the same as it does for -fanart and -poster and put these arts into the proper places. Kodi currently will scrape -trailer and note the location of the local trailer but if it's not there it doesn't search the net and download a trailer. It "might" look for a link if you've set it that way.

Now we also need a simple way to edit a cast list which will update to the main library as well as export to NFO, plus be able to edit the film Aspect Ratio instead of reading the stream pixel ratio and have that saved and not over-ridden when you play the file. And fix the issues with dtsHD channel recognition and display as well.
@Batiatus - wtf? I said I'm fine with scanning all the files to the library so that they are available for skins - but I'm against making use of them in Confluence. Why your aggressive comments?
(2015-03-05, 10:34)da-anda Wrote: @Batiatus - wtf? I said I'm fine with scanning all the files to the library so that they are available for skins - but I'm against making use of them in Confluence. Why your aggressive comments?

Why pop your head into a thread and take a small final comment way out of context to voice your negative opinion without any clarification to what you were objecting to? You posted your opinion that extra art is useless without even reading what had been written or understanding the point I made, as an off-the-cuff to the inclusion of other features natively built into Kodi. So I'll ask you your own question, why the aggressive comment on including something new in Kodi?

You odn't like the response to your comment perhaps you should have kept your thread derailing opinion to yourselfHuh
I agree that I misread your comment in post #7 and that my reply wasn't the best - but if you read along I had been corrected and said that I'm not against your suggestion. I'm only against making use of these extra art in Confluence by default - and as one of the only team members taking care of UX and having a design background I think I'm allowed to make such a statement.
(2015-03-05, 11:03)da-anda Wrote: I agree that I misread your comment in post #7 and that my reply wasn't the best - but if you read along I had been corrected and said that I'm not against your suggestion. I'm only against making use of these extra art in Confluence by default - and as one of the only team members taking care of UX and having a design background I think I'm allowed to make such a statement.

You are free to make any statement you like. Your background or contributions to things are irrelevant. But, if you make a DUMB statement, don't get all butthurt when someone responds to it. You said it yourself that YOUR statement wasn't the best. So if you'd like to continue this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic discussion I'm all for it. This thread wasn't needed after post 3.
Batiatus, I'm going to do you a favor and close this thread so I don't have to ban you again.
New thread here, please keep it on topic this time.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220394
(2015-03-05, 11:44)zag Wrote: New thread here, please keep it on topic this time.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220394

It's worth noting that that new thread is about the off-topic discussion from this thread. The main topic from this thread, additional videos connected to a movie such as making-of videos, still doesn't have a dedicated thread beyond the Video Extras addon thread. And there certainly doesn't appear to be a singular thread about doing with extra videos as has been done with extra forms of fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extras/Special Features/Additional Videos0