logitech harmony setting "w" key on remote
Hello.

i try to set number 9 on Logitech harmony for option "watched".
To do this i install "Keymap editor" Addon
This is how i try it:

I navigate to the Addon:
Code:
options -> settings -> activated addons -> programm addons -> keymap editor
Hit "edit" select "Toggle watch status" then press nuber 9 on Logitech remote, now i see number something like 6498 then save.

Nothing happend wen i go second time to this setting i see this value empty. What i have to do? Another Addon?

I have Logitech Hamony Remoite with RC6 IR Reciver run on Win7 (ist something for Windows Media Center).
(2015-03-04, 17:05)Romdomdom Wrote: Hello.

i try to set number 9 on Logitech harmony for option "watched".
To do this i install "Keymap editor" Addon
This is how i try it:

I navigate to the Addon:
Code:
options -> settings -> activated addons -> programm addons -> keymap editor
Hit "edit" select "Toggle watch status" then press nuber 9 on Logitech remote, now i see number something like 6498 then save.

Nothing happend wen i go second time to this setting i see this value empty. What i have to do? Another Addon?

I have Logitech Hamony Remoite with RC6 IR Reciver run on Win7 (ist something for Windows Media Center).

If your IR Receiver is a legit Microsoft RC6 receiver, you shouldn't need that addon.

The basic idea is to add the following device in the remote software:

Media Center PC > Microsoft > MCE Keyboard

From there, you should be able to add keyboard commands (e.g. "W") to the MCE Keyboard device.

Example: Choose key 9 on the Harmony remote, select MCE Keyboard as the device and set W as the action.

The list of keyboard commands is found here: Keyboard_controls (wiki).

Media Center PC > Microsoft > Windows Media Center SE

The device above is a secondary option for functions involving compound key strokes (e.g. Windows Button + 7). This may be useful for actions such as starting Kodi.

Alternative

If the IR Receiver is not a genuine Microsoft RC6 receiver but sends keystrokes, you may need the program below:

ShowKey: http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

This will tell you want each button does. You need to take this information and put it into a keyboard.xml like below:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<g mod="ctrl">Info</g>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<g mod="ctrl">OSD</g>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

Further information about creating a keyboard.xml can be found here: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keyboard.xml.

Place this file in keymaps in the Userdata folder and you are good to go. The device name will be proprietary to the IR receiver in this scenario (e.g. VRC-1100).
Hi,
i didn't know something about "Microsoft > MCE Keyboard" in Logitech Harmony Software.
Now i choose it and now i can mapping letters and numbers.
Thank you for helping.

And sorry at all for my bad English.
(2015-03-08, 12:57)Romdomdom Wrote: Hi,
i didn't know something about "Microsoft > MCE Keyboard" in Logitech Harmony Software.
Now i choose it and now i can mapping letters and numbers.
Thank you for helping.

And sorry at all for my bad English.

I am currently working on a guide on this topic. It is located here: 220677 (thread).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
logitech harmony setting "w" key on remote0